Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out! I just found these. They have them for the STI and the WRX. I saw them on a site for around $850 but on Megan's site they were $1050

·
Registered
145 Posts
$850, I was originally going to do some STI pinks, but I think I might save a few more bucks and get these.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I guess

I thought he meant he was going to get the coilovers because they're cheaper than the pink springs

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
some people charge a lot for the pinks and claim they came from japan and are "JDM" (which obviously means "better")

but the pinks are all the same spring rate, about 25% stiffer than stock, just fyi

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
some people charge a lot for the pinks and claim they came from japan and are "JDM" (which obviously means "better")

but the pinks are all the same spring rate, about 25% stiffer than stock, just fyi
25% is a very slight improvement over stock. It only lowers the vehicle 10cm which is what I like but the 25% is a bit weak. I like my ride stiff and solid. My last sports car was a 2007 350z, that's how tight all suspensions should be IMO.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
187.5 lbs/in front, 172.5 lbs/in rear to be exact

vs a 350z being something like 315 front and 425 rear -- but also a heavier car -- 3340 lbs vs. the imprezas 3140

the pinks are more of "the springs that should have come on the car"

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm considering these now that my rear struts are blown. The cheapest I've found so far is $883 shipped. Does anyone have a round about idea of how much harsher than stock these would be on the softest setting?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Well, the spring-rates are about double those of the STI springs, so I would say probably a lot harder.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hmmm... yeah and I'm sure coupled with sport tuned struts, that would be even harsher.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
for comparison, SPT/STi pink springs rates are about: 185 lbs/in front, 175 lbs/in rear

but the coilovers have lower numbers (due to the different design of the springs)

they do have a street version though

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yeah, if anything I'd get the street version.

I'm just trying to get a house shortly so this is an absolute last resort thing for me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts