Subaru WRX Forums banner

201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #201 (Edited)
Crap, tried another sensor and got the same result from the UEGO gauge.......... guess I'll be talking to AEM again. Even tried grounding right to the negative battery terminal. Tried switching power to the IGN fuse rather than the IGN fuse, no dice. Maybe I'll try to plug another gauge into the harness to see if it's that piece of the puzzle Sooooooo not looking forward to pulling all my work off if I have to return it to AEM. :'(

Also noticed that the WB o2 bung had some water around it. It's been snowy as heck for 2-3 days but shit, did they half ass the weld that bad....is that why the UEGO is acting up?

Switched to my stocker wheels because the mountains are supposed to get 20" in the next few days. The Conti DWS tires are WAY better in the snow for sure. Have a little more room with the narrower tires too.

I love cars...most of the time:-/

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dang it man! I hate to read about problems!

I hope that it is not a big undertaking to fix. I hate having to do work, only to pull it all back apart and do it all over again.

I think that the mail moves slowest when you are waiting on something to come!

I have been working with a buddy to rebuild a CB350 motor, and we finally got the top end back together and in the bike.... Go to start the firing procedure, and no spark... Now we get to trace back the electrical system. ARGH!

Keep us updated!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Oh yeah, and jealous of your snowfall numbers.

We are just cold as balls with no moisture less 2 bouts of freezing rain that shuts down the city for some reason. Oh Texans.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #207 (Edited)

·
Registered
159 Posts
That is frustrating!

Do you have any old gauges that you could plug in to see if it is the gauge? Time to start eliminating possibilities of failure. Rule the gauge out, and you know it is not the gauge, so you can look at wiring, and then just trace the whole system bak to the wide band.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #214 (Edited)
Well I bought this God Snow catback for $240 shipped......crazy inexpensive. I did have to double up on gaskets from the DP to the catback but, overall I am happy with it, It's much quieter than the N1 style catback but still have some good sound. I really thought it would be a joke at $240 but, I'd say the value is pretty good considering it sounds good and allows me to run 3" all the way back but with just a some muffling and no drone like the N1.

08 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatch Stainless 4" Muffler Tip Exhaust Catback System | eBay

Their is no flex joint, but rather a slip in/clamped joint on this midpipe. Honestly, no issues whatsoever yet, the clamp is beefy and the fitting of the male/female joint is nicely and fitted. The axle back section does have 3 or 4 welds in order to make the bend into the muffler but, they all look clean. The near 180 degree bend up into the muffler sits a smidge lower than the OE pipe and the N1 pipe, seems like they they might have been able to tighten it up under the tail of the car slightly better but....... I'd also imagine this is one of the reasons this exhaust is less expensive. Last, all the metal hanger studs welded onto the piping and muffler fit perfectly with the OE rubber exhaust hangers locations, it mounted up in about 10 minutes once the old CBE was off.

For $240 shipped from Cali, I'd for sure tell anyone looking for a noticeably rumbly but respectably quiet CBE to try this one out. Even if it craps the bed in 2-3 years, I'd probably just buy another one!

I'll try to snap some shots on the car and throw them on here later.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
Put on the Hawk HPS pads yesterday, almost made a mess by overflowing the brake fluid res, and the left front was so tight with the all shims in I nearly torched the pads on the first test run!!!! The front left was for sure smoking and the paint on the pad shoe was bubbled...whoops!!!!!! However, I was able to limp it's smoking ass home and remove the outside shim between the caliper and pad, the issue went away immediately. I even went on a Golden Gate Canyon run in Golden CO to make sure. With the new pads and the coilovers dialed up to about 2/3's stiff.......canyon railing is re-engaged captain!!!!$$$$$$$$$ :devilish:

Overall the HPS pads do seem to bite much quicker at the fist sign of toe to pedal, and they seem to me to slow much faster when you really need them. The burnishing was a cinch and I also noticed hard stops from high speeds now have no shimmy like previously with my warn pads. Now the car just straight digs in! From some reading, I gather that shimmy in feeling under hard high speed braking could have been uneven deposits from the older pads onto the rotors. The pads looked to possibly be originals and if so, they had 78,000 miles on them.

I also cleaned and oiled my K&N intake, I even waited an extra 12+ hours to replace the cone on the intake after juicing it. However, the MAF must have still been getting stoned on K&N oil yesterday (a good 16 hours after clean and oil) because my boost was whacked out and only hitting into the 13lb range when goal is about 19+. I pulled the MAF, and fingered the intake a bit but, no oil was present. This morning the car was back to par thank god, I hate bull$hit. I did reflash my TP Tune yesterday just to have a clean slate but, DAMN...I love this frikin car!

F/P + Injectors + Corn are burning on my mind.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Yessssssss, AEM SENT ME A NEW GAUGE! Nice to have the UEGO in and functioning now, and also nice to know it was the gauge that was bunk.... and not the wiring tech... ME!

Also swapped out the combo wiper switch and got my intermittent wipers back. Never knew how much I used them until they went out.

Also, did I mention that I ripped out my right front wheel well liner on the highway the other day?! Dang clip came loose and fell out up under the bumper where it sort of integrated with the lip. Once that went, I had a wind catcher that didn't react real well to a quick pull up to about 90mph down the on ramp. Anyway, new one ordered and no real damage other than the fender lip bending where the splash gaurd used to hook over. At least it was only $25 shipped!

201 - 216 of 216 Posts