Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have decided that I am going to get some Rota Torque 18x9.5 +35 rims for my car, but now I am trying to decide on a good tire. My car is mostly a daily driver, but every now and again I do some mountain runs, and spirited driving in the twisty roads. I am leaning more towards the Michelin Pilot Super Sports, but a lot of people have also told me that the Dunlop Star Specs are really good too. What do you guys think? I'll be mounting 265/35R18s on the rims for the summer.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
If its just for summer tire. Look into the hankook evo v 12. They are sticky. And good. Plus not that expensive. Got mine for about $100. Each.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Ive been reading lots of reviews on both those brands on both tirerack.com and 1010tires.com I know just for myself Im going with with the star specs.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Yes. True. But for a dd and some spirited driving. The price u pay for stars vs hankook. And the wear on the tire too.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have agree with the above and vote for the hankooks. If the Dunlops or Michelin are your only two choices then I vote Dunlops. I run Hankooks for the same reason and they are great especially at the price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, I have decided that I am going to get some Rota Torque 18x9.5 +35 rims for my car, but now I am trying to decide on a good tire. My car is mostly a daily driver, but every now and again I do some mountain runs, and spirited driving in the twisty roads. I am leaning more towards the Michelin Pilot Super Sports, but a lot of people have also told me that the Dunlop Star Specs are really good too. What do you guys think? I'll be mounting 265/35R18s on the rims for the summer.
Michelin are the way to go!

Best of luck subaru mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts