Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the hood poped and saw a little grit on the Turbo Heat Shield... This is what I found... Anyone else seen anything like this before....
I am off to the dealership in the AM...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bolt is missing! 100% sure! :eek:

Yeah it backed out, thought it might of broke off, no just GONE!!!!!... It is threaded on the turbo side!!!!!

CHECK THOSE BOLTS PEPLE!!!!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No real drop in performance.... I did not throw a code, I had my AP attached to the car this morning (When I attach my AP I always check to see if I am throwing a code). I did not know there was an issue at that point... I finally had updated the AP firmware so I wanted to check it out I was boosting just fine this morning... There was a hiss but nothing more than the normal turbo sound. Waste gate... fine... Basically everything with in normal range!

LUCKY FIND!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mine was COMPLETELY loose from the factory and was hanging on by some stroke of luck when I saw it. I screwed mine back in and checked the other bolts. I'm concerned that EVERYONE should check thiers.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a shiny new bolt in my intercooler... The think the mechanic's exact words were "WHAT THE F*CK" I told him that was exactly what I said when I found it!!!
They told me there is a first for everything... Since I had a little bit of a boost leak I had them take the intercooler off and inspect the gasket, (actually it is a rubber seal, in the shape of a twinkie.) That was fine... So they put it back together and I was on my way...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts