Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have invidia turbo-back exhaust and acessport with a rallitek stage2 map and i have avo short shifter in the mail
and avo short ram intake and avo turbo inlet on back order.

now what my plans are to stick with the stock turbo intill after next years subaru shootout ;D i almost placed this year
i want somthing done to the handling of the car maybe lower, less body roll and no understeer i would like to have some of or
a lot of oversteer loving going sideways

and i like to have more power but with the stock turbo and if some of you guys have any ideas what to next id like to hear from you

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Re: mods to next! and what brands to look at?

do your suspension. sways and endlinks, springs ( i got the sti springs and like them alot ) and some decent rubber is a must. i would not exactly say your car is safe that much torque and hp without suspension and tire upgrades... you will be so pleased with your car once the handling is sorted. i think you would be happier w/ an adjustable type sway so that you can dial in the amount of oversteer. my .02 i hope it helps some :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im going to do something to the suspension next for sure im just wondering what combination of parts and what brands to look at and im going to wait on wheels/tires because of money lightweight rims and cost of tires i would like to get all the suspension mods i can done at one time minus coilovers because of the cost

·
Registered
646 Posts
well ur best handling mod will be tires...re92's arent that great. i would highly recommend cobb springs, the ride is as smooth as factory but it handles so much more responsive. anything off ralliteks site for suspension looks good to me. or google whiteline. there based out of australia and make alot of products for the 08 wrx

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think suspension is a must to get all that new power to the wheels. i have the STI pink springs and they are a great mod. For sways Rallitek and also whiteline makes a great set of front and rear sways for the 2008. try to get rid of you lift and roll and you will see the improvement in your car more.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the feedback on suspension what should i do to the engine

·
Registered
80 Posts
One of the really good engine mods is a new TMIC or a FMIC Ultimate racing makes the FMIC and perrin and AVO make a good TMIC i would recoment a new top mount just so you don't have to run piping all around your engine bay. Something i have been thinking about doing that isn't really a big power increase is i am going to try and get my hands on the STI intake piping to trade out my plastic for something a little more what i am used to in subarus. Might have to pull some strings with my people at the dealership.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i do want to do some thing to the intercooler most likely to go fmic im going to go with a bigger turbo gt30/35 size but not sold on any yet so im not really looking at tmic has any body done avo tgv delete yet wondering if its worth it with the stock turbo

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
any of you guy ever install a turbo inlet ? wondering if it hard at all and how long it took

1 - 11 of 11 Posts