Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
more power, whats next?

Right now i have a cobb dp, cobb stage 2 tune, with the spt exhaust on the way. As far as power is concerned, what would be my next step. Im just trying to get all the info i can be fore making any type of purchase.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Re: more power, whats next?

FMIC or bigger TMIC... turbo swap :D

·
Registered
629 Posts

Turbo swap, fuel pump, injectors, and FMIC or TMIC.

·
Registered
345 Posts

i wouldnt recommend a new intercooler unless you plan on upgrading your turbo it may cause some lag and you wouldnt be happen with the decision and perrin lightened pulley or drop in filter will probably be your best bet until you want to uprade your turbo. Check out my thread in the buy sell area and let me know if i can help you out with anything.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts

from what I have read over the years, on a WRX, it seems stage 2 or 2.5 (by Cobb's definition) is as far as ppl will go for a daily driver. Any more than that there would be a lot of strain on the drivetrain and powertrain. The next step also costs a lot more than AP and DP. As mentioned, change turbo, IC, and supporting mods. And the SPT is 2.5" from the catback till axleback, that would supply restriction.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

When I daily drive my car I tend to not really run it that hard. With an upgraded tubo, am I going to be puttin more strain on the car all the time? Or is it only goind to be strained harder at high levels of boost? Lets say my target boost would be somewhere around 18-19 psi, but i only hit target boost every now and then. Is this going to hurt my engine? What is the highest level of boost these engines can handle?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts

I mean no offense by what I'm going to say:
Modding is fun, and more power is also great. But as a daily driver, do you really need all the extra power? For those that use their WRX as a daily driver? How many get to use over 1/2 throttle for more than 30 seconds at one time? And there is also the price of everything you'll need, and gas prices.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Your right, what you say has alot of valid points. Its just something that i might do in the future, and the more information i have the better.

·
Registered
345 Posts

you could slap an lgt turbo on your car and have some more power with no supporting mods needed its just a bolt on. Other than that i see lots of people with upgraded turbo's vf39s 18gs even 20gs as thier daily drivers its not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
80 Posts

A turbo upgrade is a big deal to someone not familiar with tuning i would recommend some suspension work to your car and then call it good if it is a daily driver. Changing the turbo will change your A/F ratio and may cause backfires or the likes i would just recommend making your car more streetable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts