Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of mileage are you guys getting? How much city/highway? How much "spirited" driving? :)

have you experienced your mileage to be fairly consistent?

·
Registered
752 Posts
i got 25 MPG on my last road trip.
for city driving i usually get 19 or 20.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I drive mostly on the freeway and have been getting 25-30 mpg. I think that it is great, when you don't step on it you get the gas mileage of a four banger, when you do step on it you get the gas mileage of a performance 6. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
around 14 L/100KM... 10.2 L/100Km on highway

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I get 24.3 mpg. @ 80 mph. 144 highway miles a day.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Next time I go to Denver I'll have a record! Minimum 35mpg I'm assuming as its all steep down grades where you cruise 120+ in neutral...

·
Registered
717 Posts
18-19 with 90% city driving :mad:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got 21.3 mpg out of my first tank. That included 75% city driving. I did the math and found the mpg calculator in the car to be spot on.

But, I beliebe I'll be in teh same boat with GraveDigger. I don't get onto the highway too often, and right now I'm averaging about 18 mpg around town. And I'm not even doing any spirited driving yet, as I am in the middle of the break-in period. I'm guessing that 3 snow days + VDC operation has a little to do with the lower mpg.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I drove a 200+ mile highway trip each way. The way up I drove aggressively and averaged at least 75mph. This yielded around 23mpg. On the way back I drove passively, averaged around 65mph, and achieved 30mpg.

I played around with the trip odometer reset button and held various speeds. The best I was able to get was 40mpg at 40mph, but who is ever going to be able to hold that speed in real world driving situations.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I drove a 200+ mile highway trip each way. The way up I drove aggressively and averaged at least 75mph. This yielded around 23mpg. On the way back I drove passively, averaged around 65mph, and achieved 30mpg.

I played around with the trip odometer reset button and held various speeds. The best I was able to get was 40mpg at 40mph, but who is ever going to be able to hold that speed in real world driving situations.
+1 for shitty drivers here in CO at first snowfall every one is going 35 or less... can average over 40mpg in 15+ mi trips

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

+1 for shitty drivers here in CO at first snowfall every one is going 35 or less... can average over 40mpg in 15+ mi trips
It can be annoying, but at least its better then Illinois where nobody bothers to adjust for the weather, then you get stuck behind an accident...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With about 80% city I've been getting 22.2 mpg in my first 100 miles.

·
Registered
752 Posts
with my current mods i am getting 20mpg.
if i turn off the boost controller i usually get 1-3 more.

haven't tried the economy map on the AP.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
With about 80% city I've been getting 22.2 mpg in my first 100 miles.
Update:I know have about 3.5k on the car and am averaging 25.3 mpg. (Stock)

1 - 20 of 112 Posts