Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really what it sounds like. Has anyone else expirienced having a problem feeling when the clutch releases? I have never owned an automatic car and I am having more problems with this one than any other. I have killed it at least 6 times in basically 2 days of driving. Most of the times were with a full carload and the passengers were far from kind!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Not really what it sounds like. Has anyone else expirienced having a problem feeling when the clutch releases? I have never owned an automatic car and I am having more problems with this one than any other. I have killed it at least 6 times in basically 2 days of driving. Most of the times were with a full carload and the passengers were far from kind!
you're driving an auto? whats the problem? ur car can't stop with engine power being fed to the wheels when u r braking?

anyway, maybe u should bring it back to the dealer. they'll fix a new car for u..

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i alway drove and owned manuel car but the 2 first day driving my new WRX ive killed it about 5-6 times also, but now after 2 week everything is fine and im use to the car

just give it some time...

·
Registered
44 Posts
i was feeling the same problem i think its the stupid hill holder it seems you have to feed it more gas to get here moving but i also think the drive by wire program may be wrtong my gas pedal doesnt repond fast but the revs rigth off of idle just dont feel right, it seems like the engine doesnt come up as quick as the gas pedel, im probely making this sound confussing, but something doesnt feel rigth in the revs in sinc with the gas pedal

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I had the same problem! I feel so much better knowing other people had the same problem. U totaly have to give it more gas before it catches. Now i'm waiting for the Cobb ss to arrive!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Uh i dont know what to tell you, all i have owned is Manuels, but uh.....yah i got mine the day they came out and never had any issues with it, but i know the clutch is different.....you dont have to push it in as far.....good for me but if your being a retard and think you joe cool you might need to take a sec. and put yourself together........but uh.....keep practicing

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
The car have a E-Throttle right ? maybe that why the feels of shifting is different... anyway its just a matter of getting use to a new clutch, yea i stalled a few time but hey i know how to drive ;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. I'm glad to see others with the same problem. Unfortunately, I haven't had much seat time, since I am out of town. My son and my wife have both driven the car and have also managed to kill it. I should get more time next week.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
My wife killed it to a few time :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
For me, the clutch on my WRX engages very late. At about 3/4 of the pedal travel from the floor before the clutch starts to grab. Does anyone else have high clutch engagement? I asked the dealer and he said he didn't have enough seat time in the '08 WRX to tell me if this was normal. In my opinion, late clutch engagement makes it a little harder to get used to driving.

·
Registered
421 Posts
For me, the clutch on my WRX engages very late. At about 3/4 of the pedal travel from the floor before the clutch starts to grab. Does anyone else have high clutch engagement? I asked the dealer and he said he didn't have enough seat time in the '08 WRX to tell me if this was normal. In my opinion, late clutch engagement makes it a little harder to get used to driving.
my clutch engagement point is normal. didn't find anything wrong with it.. if you do fine that its late, maybe u wanna bring to the Subaru Techs, instaed of a sales man?

·
Registered
421 Posts
pehon, when you say normal, do you mean it engages very close to the floor?
well, what i meant to say is the clutch engagement point is not very far up.. i would say its half way thru the paddle travel where it engages...

I think should not be a problem. The clutch engagement point for any car can be adjusted at any workshop. maybe u should try.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used to adjust the clutch pedal freeplay of my '92 Integra, but that had a cable clutch. With a cable clutch, adjustments consist of turning an adjustment nut and then securing it by tightening the locknut. I'm pretty sure we have hydraulically actuated clutches and I'll have to do some research to figure out how such an adjustment is made. At the end of the day, it is a new car and under warranty, so I when I go back to the dealer I'll have them look at it. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
so yesterday i stepped on my c luth to turn the car on, and there was a POP and now my clutch is really limp and it almost doesnt dissengage fully and when i put it into gear it grinds im so pissed, back to the dealer i go... :mad:

·
Registered
954 Posts
so yesterday i stepped on my c luth to turn the car on, and there was a POP and now my clutch is really limp and it almost doesnt dissengage fully and when i put it into gear it grinds im so pissed, back to the dealer i go... :mad:
man thats pretty beat. when i first got my car, i stalled it a couple times cause the pedal was a lot softer than i was expecting it to be. after a day of driving it i was used to it, still a little soft i think. i was considering getting the ss clutch hose cause its cheap and i wanted my pedal to be slightly more solid. sucks about your car, let us know what the dealer finds with it

1 - 20 of 28 Posts