Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 574 Posts

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 09 WRX Build----Turbosmart bpv, Grimmspeed master cylinder brace on.

Welcome aboard, come take a ride in my (never ending) snowball build of my 09 SWP WRX sedan

The mod list to date *As of 02-23-13*

POWER "currently" 328whp/365wtq on 91oct
Turbo-xs FMIC---powdercoated fluorescent green
Turbo-xs Racing BPV---powdercoated flat black
Turbosmart Recirculating Blow Off Valve Kompact Plumb Back Black
KS Technology 73mm cold air intake w/ heat shield--powdercoated fluorescent green/flat black
Walbro fuel pump
DeatschWerks 1000cc injectors
Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors with adapters
Prodrive EBCS
GT Spec EL Header and Uppipe
Tomei EL Header and Uppipe
Tsudo catless downpipe
Invidia catted downpipe with hairy schlong on the bellmouth

Invidia catted downpipe
SPT catback
Custom 3" single exit catback
Ultimate Racing non-resonated with single wall tips
Invidia Q300 dual exit
OEM 11+ sti cat back

Invidia Q300 dual exit
AMR 3" turbo inlet---powdercoated fluorescent green
Kartboy crank pulley
KS Tech airpump delete
KS Tech TGV delete
Ported/polished stock vf-52, throttle body and TGV's all done by Ruben @ SoCalPorting
Crawford AOS
PTP Lava turbo blanket

SUSPENSION
Eibach springs/stock struts (Eibach used the car to develop the 09+ kits)
BC BR 8k/8k coilovers

RCE T2s 450/450 rates, aligned and corner balanced by the master himself Darrin @ West End Alignment
Vorshlag camber plates
GT Spec LCA's
Whiteline adjustable toe arms

TRANS & DRIVETRAIN
Exedy stage 1 clutch
Exedy light weight flywheel
Group N motor/trans mounts
Kartboy short shifter
Kartboy front stay bushing
Kartboy pitchstop
Kartboy rear stay bushing
TIC shift linkage bushings
TiC wide pivot bushings
Whiteline lower 4 point front brace
Whiteline diff bushings
Whiteline steering rack bushings
Whiteline ALK
Whiteline roll centre/bump steer kit
Whiteline lower inner front bushing
Whiteline trailing arm lower front bushings
Whiteline positive gear shift bushings
Perrin Subframe Lockdown System (SLS)

INTERIOR
SMYcluster
AEM Uego Wideband w/ bustedfingermotorsports cable
AEM Oil Pressure gauge
JDM STi black trim pieces
STi front seat belts
Wrapped microsuede black headliner
Anarchy Motive shift knob

EXTERIOR
Treble Racing CF trunk
Seibon OEM style CF hood
Seibon OEM style CF hood

Seibon CW style CF hood w/ Aerocatch
JDM power folding mirrors, turn signals and heated JDM glass
JDM spec-c roof vent
Treble Racing/Premium Automotive Styling vinyl window trim, tail light tint
N-1 CS style front lip
N-1 CS style front lip
DDM 35/4500 hid
35/18 window tint

WHEELS n TIRES
17x8 +45 Rota G-Force
Hancook EVO v12's
Muteki lug nuts

BRAKES
2011 STi Brembo's front & rear, slotted front rotors and HAWK HPS pads all around
Goodrich teflon coated S\S brake lines
Motul fluid
Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace

NEXT ON THE LIST
Motor build
Treble Racing diffuser

How she sits today

03-15-11 tune done by Paul @ Yimi Sport Tuning. Mods: Turbo-xs FMIC, Turbo-xs Racing BPV, KS Technology 73mm cold air intake, Walbro fuel pump, 1000cc DeatschWerks injectors, Prodrive EBCS, GT Spec EL Header and Uppipe, Tsudo catless downpipe, Ultimate Racing cat back non-res, AMR 3" turbo inlet, Kartboy crank pulley, KS Tech airpump delete, KS Tech TGV delete and ported/polished TGV's, ported/polished throttle body and vf-52 on shitty socal 91oct

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: My Build

Figured I'd start a log for my car so she doesn't feel left out. I bought my 09 SWP sedan at Chino Valley Subaru FTW (RIP) back in July and promised my wife I wouldn't touch the car for 6 months (mind you I had 12-15k in my diesel that was only a few years old) so I figured what the hell I could do that with ease.

When I brought her home

So August rolls around and I hear about Eibach looking for a test car for the 09+ kits and figured I lived close enough they could use my car....wife not thrilled FTW ;D. So after 3 different sets of springs this is how she looked. I couldn't believe how the springs changed the ride and handling of the car and got rid of the wheel gap.

Shortly after that I got talking with Vim from Treble Racing (boost addict) on here and the rest is history. He took me for a ride with his VF-52 setup, top mount etc...and I was hooked. After reading through his dictionary of a thread; I find out that his SPT is for sale and purchased that. I got home that afternoon and 40 mins later I had the Subie rumble I was after. Next I purchased a K&N filter and a Tsudo downpipe and was ready for stage 2....figuring that was where my car would stop.
The car was road tuned by Naji @ Looney Tuning; he is a Socal based open source tuner than mainly does Evo's and has done quite a few Subies.
Here are the sheets:very conservative numbers equivalent to a low low reading dyno.

Also, forgot to add that Larry (chongl) added me to the group buy for the N1 front lips. Thanks again Larry.

Thanks
-Jason

·
Registered
782 Posts

car looks dope dude! I got the same springs! I love them. I reall ylike that lip. think thats gonna be my next mod!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts

that last picture is awesome! So (at the dim sum meet) I said i wasn't getting a front lip because i'd probably scrape it.. This morning i forgot about the steep driveway at work.. *scrape*

Hate you getting all those sweet mods before me. Except for course, SE AW STi's ;D
Good job w/ the sweet lookin' ride so far!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks guys for the comments

that last picture is awesome! So (at the dim sum meet) I said i wasn't getting a front lip because i'd probably scrape it.. This morning i forgot about the steep driveway at work.. *scrape*

Hate you getting all those sweet mods before me. Except for course, SE AW STi's ;D
Good job w/ the sweet lookin' ride so far!
As far as the scraping goes, I've scraped and I've even curbed the lip into a curb/parking spot and there is no sign of wear. HAHAHA you wish you could have a hood ornament too :p

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

+1 for listening to your instincs not your wife :D very sexy ride the lip is awsome!

·
Registered
3,790 Posts

w00t! Time for more power...looks like the "I'm done" part didn't last very long ;)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

yay for single!!!! My car my plane and my mom are the 3 womens of my life and 2 of those do not really care if I spend money on them, a hint the picky one ain't the plane ;) enough thread jacking....we wanna see pics of a nice build!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Actually the wife may not be around for much longer ??? Regardless more money for the ride.

Pics of a nice build you could look up Vim or chongl.....but my build will be here ;D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

Actually the wife may not be around for much longer ??? Regardless more money for the ride.
sucks, hope it suits you, life is a bitch sometimes...

Pics of a nice build you could look up Vim or chongl.....but my build will be here ;D
Yeah I looked at those, I just wanted to get the thread back on track with your build ;D

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Well the Turbo-xs FMIC, BOV and the 73mm KS Technology intake should be ordered up Monday. I will post pics when they arrive. Now Im thinking about having everything powdercoated...I hate you Vim ;D

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Updated some of the parts. Pretty much canned the Grimmspeed exhaust manifold idea, going to be running the GT Spec EL header and uppipe setup which will all be coated inside and out.

The Turbo-XS FMIC, BOV and KS tech. intake are ordered; all of which will be powder-coated silver-vein. Vim is trying to have the BOV done but will be leaving the cap polished and the core will be left alone.

·
Registered
483 Posts

Hey best of luck modding! Im glad youre posting your progress too. I think its really important for peole who are going to mod above average to post all of their data and experience because it helps people looking to do similar things to theirs that have questions. Especially since we are a new community i think this is very important. I will soon be making my own thread as well to help fellow forum members. you can never have too much knowledge! thank again and good luck, keep us posted!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Hey best of luck modding! Im glad youre posting your progress too. I think its really important for peole who are going to mod above average to post all of their data and experience because it helps people looking to do similar things to theirs that have questions. Especially since we are a new community i think this is very important. I will soon be making my own thread as well to help fellow forum members. you can never have too much knowledge! thank again and good luck, keep us posted!
Thanks but I'm still below average ;D I'm just trying to play catch up. The part that I dislike about all of the modding....it seems everyday something changes. Like this morning I decided that I will be purchasing an access port and getting dyno tuned rather than road tuned. I will definitely keep this thread updated with pics and my opinion (even though everyone should listen to REDCHARGE as he is the 3g god ::)) I should have all of the parts within the next 3 weeks or so.

1 - 20 of 574 Posts