Subaru WRX Forums banner

541 - 560 of 574 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
145....track, is that the local expressway? We've got a few of those around :lipsrsealed:
I've been shutting mine if I go over 55; figured that's what it said lol. Guess I'll have to test it out now.
no worries, you're good well above that. it says to not open at speed beyond (i forget exactly what) so you're good. at those speeds with a window just slightly down in the rear you are moving a TON of air in the cabin though - pretty ridiculous, haha!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #542 (Edited)
Turbosmart bpv and Grimmspeed master cylinder brace on

Had a little free time today to install the Turbosmart bpv and Grimmspeed master cylinder brace. The Grimmspeed piece is MUCH easier to install than most make it out to being as long as you have the right tools and work room. Once the intercooler piping was out of the way, it was a breeze but I did have the wife come help me thread the top left bolt, there was no way my mitts were getting in there.

Advanced Key's smart keyless entry system + push button start module showed up. I opened the box to check it out....then closed it right back as I am definitely not installing it. I'm sure I could but that is why I have a mobile audio guy that will come take care of it for me :laugh: Thanks again to Yanev @ SMY for hooking it up!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
push to start, balling. haha. you gonna disable the lock for good or just do the shaved key trick?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #546
push to start, balling. haha. you gonna disable the lock for good or just do the shaved key trick?
Balling...hardly. I'm not completey set on anything yet but I'll probably end up removing the spring. The car is insured and they would have to bypass the Advanced Key's setup to start the car...not sure how difficult that would be though.

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
i'd wire in a hidden switch to disable the entire system when you park the car overnight and if you ever have to leave her alone in sketchy areas. just a simple thing to do to ensure one more level of success with the install.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #549
who is your mobile alarm installer? contact? rate?
texted you
i'd wire in a hidden switch to disable the entire system when you park the car overnight and if you ever have to leave her alone in sketchy areas. just a simple thing to do to ensure one more level of success with the install.
not too many sketchy places around where the car gets left but it's not a bad idea. I'll definitely post about the hidden switch when it gets installed and let you all know where its at lol

·
Registered
512 Posts
texted you

not too many sketchy places around where the car gets left but it's not a bad idea. I'll definitely post about the hidden switch when it gets installed and let you all know where its at lol
Wont be hidden if you show us where it is!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Contemplating the PTS system myself but a local shop has an aftermarket one that does hands free door unlock and remote start. Does the oem have that?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #556 (Edited)
Ok so is the kit you got oem or 3rd party?
I have the Advanced Key's kit Advanced Keys - AK-104B Smart Key with Push Start System

The Killer B Motorsports oil fill relocation kit showed up yesterday; like all Killer B products it is definitely a very well made/designed top of the line piece. I'll have it installed this weekend and will post more photos then.

Trunk lip showed up today....still not sure if I will install it but for the $$$ I couldn't pass it up. I'm still tempted to pickup the TS spoiler and call it a day.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Been following you and Marcos build for awhile now, out of both your guys experience what boost gauges have you tried and what ones have you disliked and why? My maddad fell through so been searching for alternative.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #558

·
Registered
332 Posts
hey man, do you have any issues running your spt with the whiteline sway?

541 - 560 of 574 Posts