Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately this Subaru will never be a glamourous vehicle.
She was bought to drive many many hours. (40,000km since February)

She was bought to go through the harsh Northern Alberta Gravel / Not Gravel roads.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going down would result in MORE grounding out than I already do.

Going up, would be greatly appreciated if you could offer knowledge in terms of parts. Cause my dealership has been useless.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Not sure with how to raise but throw some used 16's on there that you wouldn't care about getting scratched etc. Can pick up a set I'm sure for under 200 and then toss some bigger tires on. That will help in some tight situations.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I usually wouldn't recommend it, but I've read a few really good threads on NASIOC about rally type setups that will probably have the info you are looking for.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, i've been looking through those forums.

It's my company's car (go taxes!), the tires are getting replaced later in the month.

I much enjoy this vehicle, my last vehicle was a 2000 Ford F150... and this just feels like my car :D haha.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I would look into 08 Impreza Outback Sport springs (factory springs should give you some lift and should be cheap not to mention covered under warranty since it's a factory subaru part)

-- see if someone on here with an OBS wants to trade? --

additionally if you're in dirt that often, I would recommend some cheap snow tires to help with traction

ALSO:

get a rear diff protector:
https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=13&products_id=158

and I would recommend a skid plate once they become available (rallyarmor.com -- they're still working on one for the 08 models)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts