Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome!

Maybe I'm ignorant, but I thought heat shields were intended for short ram intakes. Are they necessary for CAI's?

·
Registered
217 Posts
welcome!! what exhaust is that?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome!

Maybe I'm ignorant, but I thought heat shields were intended for short ram intakes. Are they necessary for CAI's?
Irrespective of what you may call it, any pod that sucks in hot air from the engine is not good for HP.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome!

Irrespective of what you may call it, any pod that sucks in hot air from the engine is not good for HP.
The definition of a CAI is one that the inlet is outside of the engine bay, therefor drawing in cold air. I'm just curious how a heat shield would help that. Typically you see heat shields on 'short-ram' intakes (I've been calling them that for the past 10 years) because the air inlet is INSIDE the engine, therefore drawing in hot air.

·
Registered
230 Posts
He has the SPT CBE. Don't think I have heard of any other STI with it on. I wonder how it sounds compared to the WRX? Mine is pretty quiet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts