Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this unit since 6 week aldready but it was the first time i was setting it up on the WRX
Here's my TomTom Go 720.. loaded with North america, Western and Easten europe and... Singapore
Tons of voices and MP3... i love it !

nice! and you must add the last part "and... Singapore".. trying to sell it to me? =)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very nice! Isn't GPS in the car fun? I bought ours mainly for hiking and geocahching, but we've used it a lot on trips or when trying to find a specific place in the metro area. I have yet to fabricate some sort of mount for my GPS so I can tote it along in the WRX.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check this out:

http://www.proclipusa.com/

They havent release the mount for the 2008 yet but you can see a picture of what it look like in a 2007, im really looking forward for this product, its a two-part solution
Specific device adaptor + Specific car mount = you can mount anything you want in a clean place, phone, ipod, gps, palm ect..

·
Registered
29 Posts
what kind of camera is that from??
the picture is really freaking me out, my brains keeps wanting to say its fake lol like those first unveiling pictures of a new car where you cant decide if its a drawing or a photograph

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a simple Canon SD60 (not slr)

·
Registered
498 Posts
I bought a Garmin 350 about halfway throught the football season. I am in a different city almost every week and it has become an invaluable tool. I can pretty much get around in most of the NFL cities, but with the Garmin I don't have to think. I put mine in the same spot, but a little higher so I can get my Radar Detector underneath it.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im selling tons of garmin 360 and 250, really popular for christmas... but im sold to TomTom :)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
My nuvi 360 will be sitting on my doorstep when I get home today! Can't wait to have navi and bluetooth in the car. I'm thinking about putting it in the same place the OP did. Hopefully the battery life is good enough to leave it there most of the time, I don't want cords running all over my pretty interior.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Er, sitting near the pillar like that, won't that GPS get launched by the side-curtain air bag?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Er, sitting near the pillar like that, won't that GPS get launched by the side-curtain air bag?
if the curtain open, i think i will have other thing the care about...

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Ha yeah I actually thought the same thing when I was sticking mine on this morning. I wonder what kind of velocity the nuvi could achieve when propelled by an airbag? Probably not the safest thing in the world.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yea, it might, but it should be blocked gy the steering wheel airbag... ;D

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
^^

Exactly. Launch that thing into your passenger's head, and it's going to hurt.
but then could become the ultimate co-pilot with the gps built into your face. You'll never have to call shotgun again! It'll probably look almost oem once you get out of the hospital.

·
Registered
700 Posts
i want to get a gps but around here if people even see the suction cup mark on your windshield they're smashing a window to see if they can find it and considering i've had a car stolen and one broken into i dont wanna chance another. sucks living in ny sometimes.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just bring a microfiber cloth and wipe it after removing it... take 3sec

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've had the 720 for a while now. I found a site that has the 730 software and maps so I have all the features of the newer model.

·
Registered
743 Posts
i have my garmin mounted by the side airbag too.. only problem with that is.. @ certain temperatures, the suction cup seem to get weak? it falls off. if u dont have ur charger plugged in at all times and the GPS decides to fall off on you while driving with the windows down.. better be prepared to catch that sucker! it happened to me twice already. luckily with my bruce lee reflexes, i was able to catch it! ;D

·
Registered
345 Posts
my tom tom fits perfectly in the little cubby right below the temp settings for the car. i just slid it in there it wedges itself and then i plug her in and it never moves. angle it a little bit towards me and im good to go my soon to be ex-wife falls sleep and i drive!!!! oh when i say drive i mean from austin tx to columbus ohio non stop or columbus ohio to clear water flordia non stop sometimes even florida back to tx lol... i love to drive!!!! tom is nerver wrong ether always gets me there... tho he does hate it when i take back country roads he tells me to get back on the high way lol....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts