·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing much yet, 30% tint and dark tails

Before

After

Night Comparison - left tint, right clear

Sports Grill and maybe painting the chrome strip is next :)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Sweet, My sport grille is Shipped already, im so looking foward to install it [email protected]!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
So you just popped off the plastic for the taillights and had them tinted?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you just popped off the plastic for the taillights and had them tinted?
No, it is lamin-x film over it... PITA to stretch over with heatgun in cold weather, but i didnt expect it to turn out as well as it did. I didn't want to jump into something permanent b/c i didn't know if I would like the look.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
do those film come in lighter shade, can i simply use window tinting product ?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do those film come in lighter shade, can i simply use window tinting product ?
Yes, they come in 2 or 3 different shades. I have the darkest. www.lamin-x.com will probably answer most of your questions.
I'm not sure if regular tinting will withstand the weather and/or other environmantal factors, there's probably a reason they put it on the inside of the car. Lamin-x film is much thicker than regular tint film.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The tails r sick!! The all blacked out w/ black paint looks stealth. hope ta see ya on 295.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Thanks for the link. I love the rear lights, althought I will probably go lighter. Did you do the fronts also. I have done all my cars and know that I have saved a bunch in replacement fees. My wife has a 2002RS that took a major hit to the foglight. It is cracked but still solid and working!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the link. I love the rear lights, althought I will probably go lighter. Did you do the fronts also. I have done all my cars and know that I have saved a bunch in replacement fees. My wife has a 2002RS that took a major hit to the foglight. It is cracked but still solid and working!
Nah I didnt do the fronts YET...my suby doesnt even have foglights :-[ ....but it would probably be a good idea to put some on in the future to protect the lights.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nothing much yet, 30% tint and dark tails
Whoa...

I just bought my dark tails from laminx, as well as the headlight/fog protectors (in clear).
That actually makes me like the chrome strip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts