Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my wrx at the end of January 2008. I told myself I was going to keep it stock... HAHA... Well its mid September now and here's my list of mods in the order they were done.

1. Clear Bra and Tint
2. eBay HIDs
3. Cobb Short Shifter
4. Prosport Boost Gauge
5. SPT CBE
6. Red Tail Light Overlays
7. Sti Grill
8. STi Pinks
9. JDM Rain Guards
10. Rallitek Front and Rear Sways
11. Rallitek Rear Endlinks
12. AVO Front Endlinks
13. Rallitek Shift Bushing
14. Light Smoke Tail Light Overlays (Changed to smoke because tint shop did a crappy job installing the red ones. I'm going to go back to red or a darker smoke)
15. Painted Chrome Bar.

NEW

Tint and Clear Bra

HIDs

SPT CBE

Red Overlays

STi Grill

JDM Rain Guards

STi Pinks and Sways

Smoked Tail Light Overlays (they looked darker on eBay going to go red again)

Painted Chrome Bar

In the works are Cobb Down pipe and Access Port. Hopefully Christmas will come early this year. =P

·
Registered
230 Posts
Very nice indeed. If I may, I would suggest a STI wing. With the way your car looks now, I think it would set it off very well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree about the STi wing... but since the specs for the 09 have come out.. i feel like i need some more "GO FAST" Mods.. ;D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
real nice beast!!! man

·
Registered
138 Posts
Several transformations and it looks like you're having fun with your rex there :)!!

Definately agree with losing the red overlays - smoked better, IMHO no overlays best...

Your car is starting to look so similar to mine - kinda wierd looking through the progression! - but good on you, and gl with what you're doing!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the positive remarks!! :)

May i ask what is a clear bra?
Its a thin clear plastic film applied to the leading edge of your car to protect against rock chips. I have the Xpel kit that covers my entire bumper, hood, scoop, fender, and side mirrors.

http://www.xpel.com/products/paint.asp

Because they put a lot of road salt and sand down in the winter, it was the first thing to go on my car. A little pricey but totally worth it. My paint still looks new. :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Several transformations and it looks like you're having fun with your rex there :)!!

Definately agree with losing the red overlays - smoked better, IMHO no overlays best...

Your car is starting to look so similar to mine - kinda wierd looking through the progression! - but good on you, and gl with what you're doing!
I bought the rain guards after seeing them on your car! haha... ;D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think your car looks great and I wish I had thought of the clear bra. I'm surprised how many little rock chips I have in the front of my WRX. The paint is definately inadequate and you have saved yourself a lot of grief because I can tell that you care about how good it looks. I used a lamin-x film on my tails, their lightest smoke, and it looks pretty good with my black car. I think it would look great with your dark graphite.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think your car looks great and I wish I had thought of the clear bra. I'm surprised how many little rock chips I have in the front of my WRX. The paint is definately inadequate and you have saved yourself a lot of grief because I can tell that you care about how good it looks. I used a lamin-x film on my tails, their lightest smoke, and it looks pretty good with my black car. I think it would look great with your dark graphite.
that's the look i was going for. Looks awesome!

the picture on the eBay auction where i bought the film looked just like yours... maybe little bit lighter. but what i received was totally different from what was described. :(

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks everyone for the positive remarks!! :)

May i ask what is a clear bra?
Its a thin clear plastic film applied to the leading edge of your car to protect against rock chips. I have the Xpel kit that covers my entire bumper, hood, scoop, fender, and side mirrors.

http://www.xpel.com/products/paint.asp

Because they put a lot of road salt and sand down in the winter, it was the first thing to go on my car. A little pricey but totally worth it. My paint still looks new. :D
Oh thanks for the info... ;D

·
Registered
646 Posts
i really like ur car and mod list...really good choices on stuff..its coming along very well

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 17 of 17 Posts