Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, been waiting to start my car journal and figure there' no time better than now.

I've been a long time fan of WRX's and imports. The only reason I waited so long to get one was my last long term project. A 350whp Nissan Altima. I've also owned an AE86, and a S14.... Worked on and built a few 700+ hp Supras. My first car was a 1967 VW bug that I restored with my dad when I was 14...

A few pics......

I sold the Altima last summer after years of not driving it due to emmisions testing issues and its lack of daily driveability. The car was a beast from third gear on. Even with drag radials it was a handful. After it hooked up, it would still change lanes on you without warning due to torque steer.

At any rate it was time to move into something a little more sensible, with performance, style, and practicality. I'm a single dad so the hatch was a no-brainer for us. We travel often, and always have a truck beds worth of stuff with us. ie: Surfboards, bikes, skis, wakeboards, ect.....

It was a long and painful process trying to find the right STI. After a crazy fiasco with a local dealer, I finally found a 30k 2010 STI that was adult owned out in So-Cal. After determining I would buy the car sight unseen, I made the guy an offered, and was ready to negotiate. His reply was, well, I work at Kelly Blue Book and know what the cars worth. We both had a good laugh and I told him I knew what he was willing to sell it for. I made the offer and he accepted. I flew out to LA that weekend and drove her home. After a few highway pulls on the way home I couldnt wipe the grin off of my face!

2010 STI Hatch
Spark Silver Metallic
Navigation/Clarion sub
SPT CBE
SPT Short throw shifter
SPT turbo heat shield
SPT Exhaust finishers
Home link mirror
PlastiDipped BBS wheels

Next mods will be red tails, Alcantra shift boot and ebrake boot from JPM Coachworks!

7734668808_ad0231f4c6_k.jpg

7734712648_6fecf69d5c_k.jpg 7734729100_7fd99c82f6_k.jpg

Album:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157630958107910/with/7734727034/

·
Registered
93 Posts
:encouragement: That's a good looking duramax! Im jealous, I would love to have a duramax or cummins to accompany my Subie!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Car looks good. I am interested to see how long the plastidip holds up. and i'm at work and some guy just showed up in a totally plastidipped STI I had to share with someone.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Car looks good. I am interested to see how long the plastidip holds up. and i'm at work and some guy just showed up in a totally plastidipped STI I had to share with someone.
Pics please!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice, my car looks similar, I reckon blackening the fog light surrounds would complete the front look.
Tempting. And I still may do some black touches to the car. I'm starting with a black roof rack. I was pissed that the bike carriers that I want only come in a light bronze color. I was going to take them apart and powercoat them until I noticed that they match my grill, and fog light surrounds perfectly! Pics soon!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Went to Dyno Comp in Scottsdale today just to chat about some things regarding tuning.

Left with a smoking deal on a used Invidia catted DP, and tuning.

274whp - 308tq

Not as thrilled about the added noise as I am with the power!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sounds and looks great. I would get a silver STi too. It shows the body lines really well.

Reactions: Brian B
1 - 20 of 39 Posts