Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my system last night.

I will try to add captions to these pictures soon. Let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
good spot for the x-over... nice stealth install

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
18 Posts
very simular to what I want to do when I get my 09 WRX

Plan on running
Alpine PDX-5 (150watt x2 bridged & 300watt x1)
Alpine Type X Pro Comp 6.5:
JL 10w3v3 (sealed)
Poineer AVIC-F90BT HU

Question for you, Where did you connect the ground connection?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, lagamm, I have pdx amps in my Honda (1 pdx-4.150 and 2 pdx-1.600) and I've got to tell you I totally prefer the JL HD600/4. This will give you the same power 150x2 and 300x1. Don't get me wrong I love the pdx's but the JL Audio HD is awesome. Here's my ground...

This is the front right (passenger side) bolt of the drivers seat.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Very nice. I like it when people do clean work and use center weight :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey, lagamm, I have pdx amps in my Honda (1 pdx-4.150 and 2 pdx-1.600) and I've got to tell you I totally prefer the JL HD600/4. This will give you the same power 150x2 and 300x1. Don't get me wrong I love the pdx's but the JL Audio HD is awesome.
Hummm, I might have to look into the HD Line. I love JL amps! I just sold a 500/1 and 300/4 slash series. I wanted some thing powerful but smaller so thats why I sold them. What exactly do you like better? Tone?, features?

BTW Nice install! I am asuming you dis-assembled the center console too. Was that difficult? Have any pics? I'm ripping my system out of my 06 Jetta right now and let me tell you, Damn Germans! Why do they have to over engineer everything. By far the most difficult center console I every taken apart. Must be like 30 pieces to it and there is no way you not going to take it apart w/out the shop manual.

Should be getting my 09 WRX w/in the next few months. Cant wait!

ya, just saw the price of the HD600/4, can get the alpine at a min 200-300 less form auth resellers and 450-500 less from black market dealers such as Ike sound or onlinecar stereo. Just going to stick with the alpine for now and hope I dont hate it.

One last Q, Why didnt you use any sound deadening? At least at the door speaker locations! I always used Dynomatt extreme but plan on using B-Quiet Ultimate. $130 for 50sqft it is alot cheaper solution and on paper a better product.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HD has better midbass performance than the pdx, it's smaller, and it says JL Audio on it. ;D Also, while they are both class d, JL doesn't use the ICE power circuitry that Alpine uses. They use something called single cycle control that supposedly is better. I can definitely tell a difference between the two.

Yeah, I did take out the center console but I didn't take any pics. You have to remove the e-brake boot and there is one screw underneath it. Then there is a clip just to the right of the screw on the right under side of the center console. In the storage compartment there are two more screws. That's pretty much it.

You definitely won't hate the Alpine. I love mine. I just really really love the JL. That being said, if you are going to bridge the pdx-5 to 150x2 and 300x1 you would be much better off spending the extra few bucks to get the pdx-4.150. It will give you the same 150x2 and 300x1 and sound better doing it. My other two cents, don't buy grey market. Spend your money somewhere where it is appreciated and you will get decent service if you ever have any problems like a local shop.

Sound deadening is coming. You can only do so much at once. I will probably use Second Skin Damplifier Pro. I've heard alot of good about it. Used HushMat and Dynamat Extreme in the past.

·
Registered
18 Posts
thanks for you help. Guys like you make this forum a great place to come for info.
I think i'm going to go with the Alpine PDX-4.150.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You'll love it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
lovin the steatlth sport for the x-overs. I think im going to re do mine when i put my second amp in!

·
Registered
18 Posts
ok I just noticed your really cool fuse ANL fuse holder.(JL) I like the flexability and size of it for being a full size ANL fuse holder.

So I offically copied you and bought one.

Now I can say I have started buying parts for a car I dont even oun yet, LOL!
I cant wait for the local dealers to get some 5door 09wrx's in. No one has them, specifically in DGM!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only one dealer in Omaha has them...

·
Registered
1 Posts
so what di you install? i can't tell what speakers those are, and where DID you mount the crossovers? tough to tell from the pics. looks very nice though, i like the HD amps ... i am planning my install as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts