·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 2008 WRB WRX hatch. Current Mods are:

-Sport Grille
-Metal pedal covers
-20% Tint rear and side windows
-'STI' on windshield header, Subaru Star Logo on rear hatch window & 'Subaru World Rally Team' decals ('Cause everyone knows stickers make you faster!!)
-K & N Hi-Flow Air Filter
-Enkei Racing Series Lightweight 17 X 8 Wheels (still on stock rubber--until winter's over)
-Rallitek Front & Rear Sway bar kit
-Perrin Performance Front Endlink kit

Attachments

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Cant wait to received my sport grille... first time i see one on a WR blue and im happy with the result

I also getting my tint tomorow, im getting 50% front 35% rear and back

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Did you install the sport grille your self? Everything looks great though :)

I'm thinking about getting 20% tint all around, just scourging up the money right now. Also, stickers DO make you go faster :)

How are you liking the Rallitek Sway Bars? I'm waiting on the Perrin Rear Sway Bar and get the kit for that :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like the Rallitek bars but the front bar needed some modification/fabrication to fit in. The kit also didn't come with any sort of instruction sheet. Also, trust me, if you are upgrading the sway bars, get an upgraded front endlink kit. I snapped an front endlink bushing after the new bars were installed (see photo below): the stock endlinks are crap. The car handles SO much better with the new sway bars. Also, when you can afford to, consider replacing the stock rims: they are quite heavy and you can definitely feel the difference that lighter wheels make.

Snwbdr94: No the sport grille came installed from the dealer when I picked it up. FYI: the 'STI' sticker on the windshield alone is adding 10-15 horses, easy!! ;D I just installed the K & N this morning.

I haven't seen many other '08 hatches tuned up like mine yet but I'm glad that I finally found a site devoted to the new WRX's. I'll be sure to spread the word to other '08 owners.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i saw that you removed your dealers sticker on the second batch of picture.. hope you didnt loose to much power after that :p

·
Registered
498 Posts
Very Nice! The sway bars will probably be the first thing I do to my car. What were the mods you had to do for the install? Thanks for the tip on the end links, they were on my list anyway, but you just confirmed it. . Are you going to do a strut bar anytime soon? I haven't found supplier for the '08s yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very nice. Glad to see more people finding the forum that need to be here :p The rims definitely match very nice. But I mean with all the hp from the decals, why even bother with that measly five or so from the intake?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice. Glad to see more people finding the forum that need to be here :p The rims definitely match very nice. But I mean with all the hp from the decals, why even bother with that measly five or so from the intake?
The rear bar is a pretty simple and straightforward install. For the front, the mounting plate that the brackets attach to wouldn't quite clear the crossmember on one side. My buddy had to use a grinder wheel and saw to cut it down to fit. As you can see from my snapped endlink, it's definitely worth it to upgrade your front links along with the bar.

"You may be younger and faster...but I have better insurance!"--LOVE THIS SIG!!

I don't think that I'm going to do a strut bar any time soon: I'm not convinced of any real benfit yet, plus as you said, I don't think that anyone's making them yet. If you actually look at the engine bay, it looks like a tight fit around the intercooler!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I had a rear strut bar in my wagon, since there is no metal there for support like in the sedans.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
You should get rid of your roadyXT and got with a direct adaptor or switch to sirius !

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nah--the car comes with Sirius from the factory (as I'm sure you know) but the display for it sucks: It only shows one item of text @ a time: So I can view the Artist OR the Song Title OR the Channel Name OR the Category but only one at a time. Plus I've had XM for almost 2 yrs: not planning on switching anytime soon, although it is kind of neat to have BOTH right now

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
yea your right that suck to have just one line of text. they should at least have included the display button on the steering :)

but my sirius only received about 12-15 channel n i dont know how long it will last

but since im working at FS we have a promo from the representant to get 6 month sirius for free so i cant wait to get all the channel

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just call Sirius and tell them you just bought a Subaru equipped w/ Sirius from the factory and they'll go ahead and activate the full line-up for you.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Just call Sirius and tell them you just bought a Subaru equipped w/ Sirius from the factory and they'll go ahead and activate the full line-up for you.
Good call, even though I have a full 80 gig ipod. Change is nice. Was disappointed that I only had limited sirius when driving away from the dealership.

The grille is a pita to put back on. 4 tiny screws with no wiggle room...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nice ride, i had my windows tinted at the dealership covered under warrenty baby....yah i been trying to find other nonsense for the car since perrin did there 08 tuning that thing is sweet...that and cobb has one with red film on the tail lights...it looks sweet...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Very nice ride! Like the rims.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts