Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Here are some pictures of the front of my 2008 WRX Sedan 5MT w/Nokya Hyper Yellow 2500K daytime running lights/high-beams. Also pictures show my non-Premium-Package-WRX with the OEM fog lights installed. These pictures are with the flash on, and all the lights are off so there is a lot of reflection. Sorry but my camera comes out with blurry pictures if I do not use flash when indoors.

For more pics when the car was new (when fog lights were not on), checkout at:
Http://gallery.mac.com/emileamirsaleh/

Thanks,
MrElussive

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I love my Nokya but they are in my fog light.. how is it when you put the why beam ?

·
Registered
217 Posts
any pic when the lights are on?? I wanted to get yellow fog light as well... i know our headlights are H11 but what about the fog light?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
That mine, they are 9006 (the high beam 9005)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The high-beams are not as bright as stock but they are still adequate. When driving around on a sunny day, the yellow color is hard to tell but when it is cloudy or getting dark, it is very easy to tell how yellow the DRL's are. I will take some pictures and post them up of the DRLs lit up so you guys can see for yourself. I just don't like how it makes the headlights look when the car is off...too much yellow in the insides of the headlights, but when they are on it looks pretty hot.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I think they look awesome even when not lit up

post some day/night lit-up pics!

and where did you buy them? ebay?

depending on how they look, I'd like to get them

... plus 2500k yellow HID projectors in my fog light spots (I got the base WRX with no fogs)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i got them from my local part store for 20$ a set

·
Registered
217 Posts
is nokya reliable? like will it burn out fast? or should i buy the PIAA bulb instead?

·
Registered
700 Posts
elussive what wattage bulbs did you get? i've been running 90w 2500k hyper yellows for 4 months now and they still burn nice and blind lowered civics

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the posts everyone.

To answer some questions: I purchased the Nokya bulbs off of eBay, they come in packs of two. The DRL/high-beam bulbs are 9005 (HB3). If you search in eBay "Nokya Hyper Yellow 9005" a whole bunch should come up. The bulbs run at stock wattage and Nokya claims to be as bright as an actual 80W bulb, but all the companies make this kind of claim. I am not sure how reliable Nokya is but in my experience with PIAA bulbs, PIAA makes great bulbs but they just burn out way too soon. I'll let you guys know when these Nokya bulbs burn out. I just took some pictures while at the job site and uploaded them to my .mac gallery as I only have my CrapBook with me right now. When I get home, I'll upload the pics to my host and insert higher-resolution images directly onto this thread.

To view the pics from my Mac Gallery, go to: Http://gallery.mac.com/emileamirsaleh and click on the April 11 2008 gallery. The first two pictures are with the DRL's off, and all the rest of the pictures are with the DRL's ON. Obviously these pictures were taken on a cloudy day.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
is nokya reliable? like will it burn out fast? or should i buy the PIAA bulb instead?
I run my Nokya's 2.5 hours a day 6 days a week. I've had mine for about 2 months. NO problems, for $25 u can't beat it. Use the link I posted up and grab a set ;D you'll love em'

·
Registered
700 Posts
im not gonna lie but im a light whore. birght as yellow highs. 12000k hids and super white license plate lights so everyone can remeber my plate number as they're getting passed...lol :D

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
12 000k... hope you are not driving at night with those...

·
Registered
700 Posts
im not about light output. i am about the way they look. if i have an issue seeing, on come the 2500k highs so i can make everything yellow

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
We're i live you cant make it to the end of the street with 12 000K without being pull over by the cops

1 - 20 of 21 Posts