Subaru WRX Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
@mdcobie34, I had the magnaflow dual exhaust that put out a deep burble with a decent volume. I have also heard turbo xs, spt, perrin ect. If your looking for a loud boxer rumble I would recommend the Invidia N1. I sold my Mflow and got the N1, couldn't be happier.

Try hearing some at your local meets first. The N1 might be too loud for you, depending on how long your trips to school/work are. Also when you add a DP to the N1 the tone will change and the boxer rumble gets even more pronounced.

·
Registered
93 Posts
@mdcobie34, I had the magnaflow dual exhaust that put out a deep burble with a decent volume. I have also heard turbo xs, spt, perrin ect. If your looking for a loud boxer rumble I would recommend the Invidia N1. I sold my Mflow and got the N1, couldn't be happier.

Try hearing some at your local meets first. The N1 might be too loud for you, depending on how long your trips to school/work are. Also when you add a DP to the N1 the tone will change and the boxer rumble gets even more pronounced.
N1 rocks, I have the mflow on my 09 and I love the sound, it's not a loud, but it sounds sick ripping down the front straight of the track :):):):)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.722496,-63.678462

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
What level of noise you looking for? Spt is quiet, and not the BEST quality, but decent.
Subaru will not void your warranty over a catback.
An intake, you need a tune (unless its a drop in panel) because our cars are pretty darn lean from the factory.
Just get the catback, for sound, and put your mods into things like suspension, st shifter, ect, until your warranty is up.
Just my 2c, your talking to the guy that went stage 2 a month after owning the car lol.
You have any suggestions for a dp while running the Invidia cat? And is it worth getting a drop in filter box like the K&N typhoon?

·
Registered
188 Posts
You have any suggestions for a dp while running the Invidia cat? And is it worth getting a drop in filter box like the K&N typhoon?
?!? The Invidia cat is included in the downpipe. Doesn't the K&N Typhoon replace the stock air filter box with a pipe & conical filter assembly?

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
I was looking where you could have let's say a Cobb downpipe but have the Invidia catback. As far as the K&N I seen Boost Addicts 08 wrx and it was a cylinder/ half open box. Didn't know if it was worth buying or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2013 WRX hatch on order and am thinking about doing the following once I get it. Any input as to mistakes you believe I'm making?

PTP Lava turbo blanket
Grimmspeed heat shield
Lip
New 2011 or painted black headlight housings (whichever seems more economical and if I can find a good person to paint my lights)
Replacing factory audio
Torqued Performance open source stg 1 map + tactrix cable sooner or later (plan on waiting a while before stg 2)
Still researching an oil catch can since I've seen many stories of intercooler piping clogged up with yellowish paste-like build up (recommendations?)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have a 2013 WRX hatch on order and am thinking about doing the following once I get it. Any input as to mistakes you believe I'm making?

PTP Lava turbo blanket
Grimmspeed heat shield
Lip
New 2011 or painted black headlight housings (whichever seems more economical and if I can find a good person to paint my lights)
Replacing factory audio
Torqued Performance open source stg 1 map + tactrix cable sooner or later (plan on waiting a while before stg 2)
Still researching an oil catch can since I've seen many stories of intercooler piping clogged up with yellowish paste-like build up (recommendations?)
Grimspeed AOS!

·
Registered
137 Posts

PTP Lava turbo blanket
Grimmspeed heat shield
Lip
Replacing factory audio
For the price of a new set of 2011 headlights, you can buy the retrofit sources retroquick HID system, install it and while you're installing it paint your headlight black. I love my TRS retrofit, easily the best HIDs I have ever had in a car, and a fairly simple install if you have the time and patience. Unless you have a limited trim on order, then you are getting factory HIDs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone done chassis stiffening? I'm not really sure if it's even necessary, or good on these cars.
I used to have an 87 mustang, and weld-in full-length subframe connectors were always a recommended starting point. I believe the car makes enough power for a DD, so I'm more interested in making it stronger/ last longer, until the day comes when it is strictly a play car.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Agree with the basic mods. But a non performance mod I'd suggest (which I didn't do and wish I did) is get a clear bra as the paint on these cars is awfully cheap and can chip just breathing on it.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts