Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Advice: 17"x7.5 in +48 or +53 offset?

I own an 08 2.5i 5-door and considering getting 17"x7.5 Rota SDX wheels with either a 215 or 225 series tire. The wheels are available in +48mm and +53mm offset. It seems the +48 offset would be no problem. I would like to run +53mm offset since it is closer to the stock offset, however, would I have any issues with rubbing? What would be the best choice?

Also, would I have any problems mounting the TPMS monitors on the Rota SDX?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Re: Need Advice: 17"x7.5 in +48 or +53 offset?

i have 17x7s with a 52 offset with 225 tires and they do not rub...there is actually a fair amount of room between the tire and the strut.

So, an extra half inch of wheel may or may not be okay.

I'd get the 48 offset and you could probably squeeze even a 235 tire on there, depending on the tire manufacturer. It'd give you a slightly wider stance also.

Not sure if TPMS sensors will fit or not.

Anyone else with a WRX or "i" want to weigh in?

·
Registered
646 Posts

you should be fine with either...id do the lower offset...it gives alot better stance

·
Registered
577 Posts

you should be fine with either...id do the lower offset...it gives alot better stance
+1. agreed ;D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

thanks for all the advice everyone.

·
Registered
223 Posts

Why did Suby give such narrow 17" tires on our cars? I know that narrow wheels give a softer ride and typically better fuel economy but whenever I park my car and look at the pretty rear end, it is ruined by the look of such skinny tires.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Narrow tires are relatively cheaper and most people will never care. And a lot of people who do care, they will end up buying new rims anyways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts