Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive followed all the intrusctions to the T and I just cant seem to get my garage door opening feature to work. It says that if I follow the instructions and the light blinks rapidly when I try and use it I have to go to the actual garage door opening motor and press some "learn" button. But mine doesnt have one!!! I dont actually have my own garage door opener, Im living with my dad before i go off to college, and programming my homelink is my only way to get into the house... All our keys say do not duplicate so they cant cut me a key. I HAVE to make this work. Please help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Since your in the US, your door might not have a learn button, in which case, follow the directions without using the learn button.

In Canada, its law to have rotating codes, so I had to do it, and my homelink works fine after the first try.

In case your opener DOES have a learn button, it might be hidden under the light cover.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I had to use the learn button on mine, i found that it was not marked and not easy to see. Get on a ladder, take the light cover off maybe, grab a flashlight and search for it :)

If you still don't have the learn button, borrow you dad's opener...it might take a couple tries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts