Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2002 wrx with 100k miles runs great feels great but would love to build it better best I can tell its only got an after market muffler I don't think its a cat back or anything and a new blow off valve. possibly has new cams but not sure. previous owner seems to have taken great care of the car. So far to be on the safe side I have changed the timing belt plugs wires and a few other misc things that are expected to go or be going bad with 100k miles. what im looking at doing is first a cold air intake. then a turbo back exhaust. ill probably beef up the internals before I go for a bigger turbo and better intercooler.

Now with all that said anyone have suggestions on if im thinking correctly in order of additions? also Im not a mechanic I know basics and know internals need replaced to handle a bigger turbo but I don't know what components, and as for the turbo any suggestions on what I should get?

·
Registered
159 Posts
First order of business for you should be Engine Management. Look in to Cobb's Accessport if you do not already have that. You didn't mention any mapping, so I assume that you do not have.

I had a 2002 way back when and loved it! An ECU tune was my first mod and I noticed a huge difference with just a plug and play map.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts