Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I would say at least 225 width. Just depends on how wide of a contact patch you want and how much of an aversion you have to the stretched look. 225/40/18 would be almost spot on in terms of not affecting your speedo, though the idea rim width for that size is primarily 8". I personally wouldn't go as wide as 8.5+" on a WRX, but that's just me.

Here's a tire size calculator I use a lot which is pretty straightforward and will help you compare tire sizes.
http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

Also, check the specs page for the tire you are looking at on tirerack. It lists acceptable rim widths and the ideal rim width (the width the tire was measured on).

·
Registered
954 Posts
8.5 is a big wheel. minimum 235, probably a 245 would be best

·
Registered
954 Posts
its going to be big. just make sure you get the right offset and dont lower our car too much so they dont rub all day

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Without test fitting them I don't know. I believe stock offset is 55 (can anyone verify this?). Most people do fine with mid 40's offsets.

·
Registered
954 Posts
stock is 55ish i believe. i have 45 on my wheels which is good for a 215, but my wheels are only 7.5. You might have to runa like a 30something offset. your best bet is going to be to call subydude.com and talk to them on the phone, tell them what you have and what you want and im sure they will steer you in the right direction ;)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Product Details
Wheel Style - Rota SVN
Wheel Diameter (Inches) - 18"
Wheel Width (Inches) - 8.5"
PCD Bolt Pattern - 5x100
Offset - 48mm
Hub Bore - 56.1mm

Well the offset is 48mm. Idk if that helps anyone in helping me but I guess Ill be calling subydude to make sure.

·
Registered
954 Posts
i think 48 is not enough offset with an 8.5 rim, but i could be wrong. like i said, just call them, im sure they deal with this all the time

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
It's going to be very close. Subydude will probably tell you no I'm guessing. Just get the 8". It's cheaper, lighter, and a better fit on the car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
in any case, you don't really need a 9" wheel unless you're planning on flairing you fenders a bunch and running some enormous tires. i haven't heard of anyone putting larger than 245s on their wrx. and 245s will fit on an 8" or 8.5" wheel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts