Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im running Perrin Stage 2 with a TBE right now and was looking to pickup an intake for it. Prob a Perrin. I was wondering if they made a stage 2 map so that you can run a CAI. Any help would be great. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
If you buy a Perrin intake they send you a map to go along with it. Its a Stage 2.5 map to them (TBE + Intake) Many people have them but don't know how good they are compared to just a TBE map

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks guys. What about if I wanted to run something other than the Perrin intake. Then a Pro tune def or is there a map just for running any CAI?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Ok thanks guys. What about if I wanted to run something other than the Perrin intake. Then a Pro tune def or is there a map just for running any CAI?
Then a protune or turn to PDXtuning.com they might be able to make you a map for $150.. much cheaper then a protune

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Im a firm believer in a pro-tune.. for any car for any mods but thats just me..
To me anything stage 2 and below yes you will get better gains with a pro-tune but its just not worth that much money for that little bit of gain... now if you add meth or bigger turbo or TMIC then yes def pro-tune

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
If you have the AP then the tune is not going to break the bank.. Its the first go around buying the AP and having to fork the grand or what not for both is what gets pricy..

·
Registered
57 Posts
i got the avo intake,real nice build and sounds [email protected] should be able to help.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Yah RalliTEK provides AP maps with their intakes just like Perrin does.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I know that you are suppose to use tuning on the intakes, but on my past vf39 wrx, I know after swapping intakes, my tuner *Jon* said that he never saw that big of a difference in the MAF scaling

Unless you go to something with monstrous piping

1 - 12 of 12 Posts