Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so has any1 put any kind of aftermarket interior light id like to know how to put in my neons inside and the right wiring methods

·
Registered
327 Posts
In the past I just spliced into the cigarette lighter wiring. Just need a + and - connection...throw a switch in there too while you're at it. OR you can run new wiring from an unused fuse if you so desire.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
*caugh*rice*caugh*

its a Subaru not a Honda Civic

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
neon lights... :p Thats SO rice!!! Thats as bad as 15" spinner hub caps!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Come on guys, everyone has their own things they like. I had neons in an old Eclipse I had, didn't run them all the time but it did give it a nice glow. You guys might dislike it, but he might for w/e reason. To each their own. ;)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Come on guys, everyone has their own things they like. I had neons in an old Eclipse I had, didn't run them all the time but it did give it a nice glow. You guys might dislike it, but he might for w/e reason. To each their own. ;)
Whaaa

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I will admit I had black lights in my car about 8 YEARS AGO! but now I think its all played out. Plus a subie and neons is like a festiva w/ 200hp and AWD.
But like you said to each there own ;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Whaaa
Not crying, just more or less disappointed that people wouldn't post more helpful posts...oh well I'll stop there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I actually want interior foot-well lights like you can get in Japan. The Sti has them here, and I think they look awesome. Can someone tell me if I order some lights, is there a way to wire them up to the factory harness? I'm assuming they fade on/off when doors are opened etc. and I bet there is some kind of harness or something for them lurking around in the car. I'd love to get the actual kit from japan so I can be JDM ;D

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah light by footpedals and under seat shud be clean .. not really riced out.. itll jst illuminate the precious scooby interior.
ahaha

·
Registered
59 Posts
I actually want interior foot-well lights like you can get in Japan. The Sti has them here, and I think they look awesome. Can someone tell me if I order some lights, is there a way to wire them up to the factory harness? I'm assuming they fade on/off when doors are opened etc. and I bet there is some kind of harness or something for them lurking around in the car. I'd love to get the actual kit from japan so I can be JDM ;D
i have that part,
i ordered a harness for it,
but.. it didnt connect
coz i think it only connects to the premium
so i had to get custom installed at a shop for free ;D
but for me its a switch that turns it on

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Like they've said you need a 12v and a ground...

I would just tap into the fuse panel (just for the sake of it being easier) and run that to a switch, I hate running anything I can't shut off...

Your ground would depend on where you're running your lights, but they aren't hard to find...

He's not asking for your opinion he's asking for help,

~Mike

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
i dont know if any of you have driven in an 08 Focus yet. but my friend has one and that car has neons(at least 10 dif colors)stock, that make me wonder what the hell was Ford thinking.

then i saw the Ford flex, and i questioned if the lead designer for Ford has some sort of brain swelling in his intelligence core...

though i cant argue this point, my brother bought me a weighted shifter from Pilot that has built in LED's and I think it's awesome :) But that's where I draw the line

1 - 16 of 16 Posts