Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! just bought my car about 4 weeks ago! Still in the break in process :-[ I have about 850 miles on it right now so planning on doing an oil change around 1k miles!

Some pics!

THE CHOP!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Cheers!! looks good! like the chop :)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Welcome to the site. I like your color :)
What are your plans?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am planning on starting out with suspension mods...FSB's and coilovers. The thing that sucks is i am moving to Okinawa, Japan this summer for 2 years so i wont even see my car till i am back! So maybe i should just go with the Cobb springs for now and not worry about the shocks blowing up for some thousand miles...Till i am here i want to atleast drive a car that looks and handles good...i dont know...ANY SUGGESTIONS?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I am planning on starting out with suspension mods...FSB's and coilovers. The thing that sucks is i am moving to Okinawa, Japan this summer for 2 years so i wont even see my car till i am back! So maybe i should just go with the Cobb springs for now and not worry about the shocks blowing up for some thousand miles...Till i am here i want to atleast drive a car that looks and handles good...i dont know...ANY SUGGESTIONS?
You have so much potential to get a fast tuned car in Japan. Ever watched tokyo drift? ahaha

Anyway, I ordered a set of Cusco Zero 2 E. But it only arrives at my shore (Singapore) in january. So i'll have to wait till then to give anyone any feedback.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
did you know that you were moving before buying the car ?
anyway welcome ! :)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
You should have just waited and got the JDM WRX (S-GT). It has a higher output in horsepower. It would have been better, then you could have imported here.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
You should have just waited and got the JDM WRX (S-GT). It has a higher output in horsepower. It would have been better, then you could have imported here.
there is no way he could import his japanese car to the U.S.

Even in canada the car will need to be 15years old to legaly import it

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Well, I know where I am from, Norway, if I live in a Country for a couple years I can import a car without paying any taxes on it. I am not sure how it is here, but with some research I am sure that it is possible as long as it safe and passes smog.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Well, I know where I am from, Norway, if I live in a Country for a couple years I can import a car without paying any taxes on it. I am not sure how it is here, but with some research I am sure that it is possible as long as it safe and passes smog.
No forget it for the U.S everybody (almost) who tried to import a JDM car get catch at the custom and they are destroying the car on arrival

In canada if the car is younger than 15year they will do the same, seize the car, and destroying it (press in a little cube)

first problem i guess for the U.S is not emission regualation but the fac that the steering is on the wrong which really affect public safety, i dunno if you ever drove with a car on the wrong side and tried to overtake a car... its impossible to see incoming traffic on the other lane

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
did you know that you were moving before buying the car ?
anyway welcome ! :)
No man! I found out a week after a purchased my car....but i am not worried...it will be a low mileage WRX when i come back from Japan...ill be shipping some good JDM parts home for my WRX...so when i come back i will have all the parts i need and a low mileage car...thats how i am looking at it!

·
Registered
752 Posts
from what i hear, it's not really worth shipping a JDM car to the USA

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy!

I know a guy who was seriously thinking of shipping his car here but the rediculous costs and other issues were not worth the benefits.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts