Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: New AEM Cold Air Intake for 08 WRX and STI!

damn im really interested in this intake. i wonder if they provide a map with it so i can use it with my cobb ap.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Sure would be nice to see those dyno graphs from closer than 15 feet ::) :D

·
Registered
145 Posts

I was under the assumption that since AEM built the SPT catback, they (AEM) were also going to provide SPT the intake? ??? Hopefully when SPT does release their intake, it'll be discounted like the catback and STI springs. Paying $365 for an intake is a bit steep for me. :-\

·
Registered
132 Posts

I was under the assumption that since AEM built the SPT catback, they (AEM) were also going to provide SPT the intake? ??? Hopefully when SPT does release their intake, it'll be discounted like the catback and STI springs. Paying 5 for an intake is a bit steep for me. :-\
Are you sure that AEM made the exhaust and not Bosal? Check out the SPT website...If AEM was making the exhaust don't you think they would have the AEM logo up there instead? I don't know, I could be wrong. SPT did have a production problem with the flanges...perhaps you are right and the second version is being produced by AEM.

·
Registered
345 Posts

aem built the 08 exhaust

·
Registered
706 Posts

I wonder if they are going to market the rotated turbo mount intake

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

I just started looking... Still pricey, but worth a look. I wonder what or if SPT is going to do anything with it?
UR - 213 shipped
TurboXS - 236 Shipped
AEM from Harman Motive - 279 shipped

**side note** 35hp gain :-\ not too sure about that...

·
Registered
114 Posts

From the AEM web site:

AEM said:
AEM is proud to introduce its new Cold Air Induction System for the 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX and WRX STI (part # 21-478WR). The largest power gains for the 21-478WR (tested on STI) are 36 horsepower at 5,300 RPM and 35 lbs/ft of torque at 5,300 RPM as measured Harman Motive’s All-Wheel-Drive Mustang Dynamometer. The same kit tested on a WRX model generated 13 horsepower at 5,500 RPM and 14 lbs/ft of torque at 4,100 RPM on Harman Motive’s All-Wheel-Drive Mustang Dynamometer.

The advertised 35 hp / 36 tq is on the STi, not WRX.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

From the AEM web site:

AEM said:
AEM is proud to introduce its new Cold Air Induction System for the 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX and WRX STI (part # 21-478WR). The largest power gains for the 21-478WR (tested on STI) are 36 horsepower at 5,300 RPM and 35 lbs/ft of torque at 5,300 RPM as measured Harman Motive’s All-Wheel-Drive Mustang Dynamometer. The same kit tested on a WRX model generated 13 horsepower at 5,500 RPM and 14 lbs/ft of torque at 4,100 RPM on Harman Motive’s All-Wheel-Drive Mustang Dynamometer.

The advertised 35 hp / 36 tq is on the STi, not WRX.

Now that would make more sense...

·
Registered
369 Posts

Here, I found a full-blown version of the dyno chart:

·
Registered
345 Posts

ahahahahha nice work hp looks right on but tq looks alittle on the low side i heard the vtack civic gain 92 tq to the wheels

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

True dat on the SPT intake. It's going to be the exact same thing and $150 at subarugenuine parts.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts