Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Perrin FTW... at least thats what i'm getting for the sedan.. stealth one :)
Perrin only has the fartcans for the sedans last I saw...
this might be true but at least its a 3" which is hard to find for the sedans... all of them are 2.5
which is what i'm going to be doing so no need to buy a 2.5 then have to upgrade to 3 when i upgrade my turbo..

That's because 3" is overkill unless you seriously upgrade your turbo.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Even with a slightly larger turbo 3" is overkill. You have to seriously go larger to make it beneficial. 2.5" is sufficient unless you are going for monster power.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I dont like the sound of the sedan at all. It lost almost all the boxer rumble. The 5 door sound's good though. I know they listen to customer from certian forums. I hope it gets changed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
wait for cobb, its well worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
COBB exhaust is a myth. It doesnt take a year to fab up some pipes.. :p

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
128 Posts
Even with a slightly larger turbo 3" is overkill. You have to seriously go larger to make it beneficial. 2.5" is sufficient unless you are going for monster power.
We're talking about turbocharged engines.. overkill doesn't really exist. We aren't talking about tuning for pulses and optimal exhaust velocity like with a naturally aspirated engine. There is no scavenging effect with a turbocharged engine. There are no drawbacks other than having a pipe sit .5" lower to the ground underneath the car.

The fact is, the 2.5" and full 3" exhausts cost roughly the same, while only a few downpipes (ie:Cobb) reduce down to 2.5".

·
Registered
57 Posts
We're talking about turbocharged engines.. overkill doesn't really exist. We aren't talking about tuning for pulses and optimal exhaust velocity like with a naturally aspirated engine. There is no scavenging effect with a turbocharged engine. There are no drawbacks other than having a pipe sit .5" lower to the ground underneath the car.

The fact is, the 2.5" and full 3" exhausts cost roughly the same, while only a few downpipes (ie:Cobb) reduce down to 2.5".
Ya, I agree, i have a 3" exhaust that splits to 2.5 out the back made for a legacygt that i modded slightly to fit my sedan and it sounds wicked, and i pulled really good numbers on the dyno. I put my exhaust on before my dp and cai and it made my turbo spool soooo much quicker. My exhaust doesnt sit any different then the stock either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts