Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Im new to the whole subaru scene. My last car was a 3000GT which was fun but I got such a good deal on the wrx I couldn't pass it up. Plus it was time to move on.

So the new car is an Black 08 wrx sedan

Just got my SPT CBE put on today, gave it a nice little rumble.

Seems to be a good platform and I cant wait to put a little more oooomph into the car.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Welcome to the cluba and how many hours did you own the car before you put the SPT on? ;D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nice to have you aboard. Welcome.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Where in Colorado? I'm down in Denver. If you live somewhat local, theres a huge meet coming up this weekend at Red Rocks on the 21st. I can find out the time, but its a great way to meet about a hundred other subie drivers.

By the way Congrats on the Rex, just don't go changing your springs until the 09 stuff is out. I learned the hard way :'(

·
Registered
417 Posts
Where in Colorado? I'm down in Denver. If you live somewhat local, theres a huge meet coming up this weekend at Red Rocks on the 21st. I can find out the time, but its a great way to meet about a hundred other subie drivers.

By the way Congrats on the Rex, just don't go changing your springs until the 09 stuff is out. I learned the hard way :'(
Yo why not dude? I am strongly considering the springs.. no good?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts

Yo why not dude? I am strongly considering the springs.. no good?
Do some reading on the after market spring installs on stock struts. There have been a lot of problems with the struts blowing out. Mine did :( But you might get lucky and yours might be fine. Its kind of like russian roulette. I'm just going to wait until the 09's are out and then buy their spring/strut combos.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im in Colorado Springs I bought the car used in washington state sum1 turned it in with 4k miles on it. Ive owned it for a few months now I wasnt on any forums and subaru doesnt advertise their sales or else I woulda had the exhaust sooner. The stock shit was ugly and very restrictive. I laughed when I saw the stock pipes. Anyways I dont think Ill be able to make a meet this weekend cuase Im going camping with a bunch of german exchange guys. Woulda been fun but its too late now.

Pics will come sometime I dont really have a camera but Ill figure it out.

And yeah springs are out of the picture, I was thinking more along the lines of swaybars next.

The pic is "Rex" my dog lol I named him bofore I even knew wrx = rex lol

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts