Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up all? im not only new to 3gwrx but im also new to the "scooby" world i just recently leased an 08 2.5i sedan silver w/black interior base model, i love it i came over from the full size chevy world so mpg jumped from 13.5 to 25 and its great plus really fun to drive this car. so far the only thing ive done is tint out my windows w/55% light block all around. soon hopefully wpfirefighter and i are going to swap rear lids, other than that i am contemplating either spt pinks or cobb springs to halp out with the body roll as well as lower the stance! anyhow im sure you all will see me around and hopefully able to be patiant with any of my newbie questions thanks
-chad-

·
Registered
333 Posts
Whatsup chad! 2.5i from Newton here. Where do you live in MA?

Also, I got the Cobb springs, but i'm sure the SPT ones are probably smarter and if i had to do it over again i may have gone with the Swift Springs (slightly less drop = slightly less patience needed to get up driveway). Anyway glad youre getting a wing, i have one too and i think they look tons better with it. You can see my mods in my signature and feel free to ask any questions (im pretty sure im the first automatic 2008 with a lightweight crank pulley).

Be seeing ya around!

ps. the best thing for body roll is swaybars, ive just been too lazy so far.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
holy crap battlesnake99 please tell me how the hell i get rid of the seatbelt chime!!! most annoying thing ever!!! and im from woburn currently working in needham

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think it's in the manual how to disable it. I think it involves buckling and unbuckling the belt numerous times in xx seconds.

·
Registered
333 Posts
its either 20 times in 30 seconds or 30 times in 20 seconds. You just turn key to "accessory" (turns on electricity but not engine) do the buckle thing and quickly turn the key back off. When seeing if it worked wait a few seconds. It will still beep like three times but then it will stop and never come back (make sure you wait while cause its misleading) the crappy thing is that right now its back because my ecu reset while I had my battery disconnected when installing the horns and ive been too lazy to do it again. But at least I'm positive it worked before. Good luck, and don't buckle and unbuckle too rapidly it has to register it so devlop a sort of rhythm.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I did the same thing as you... I sold my 06 Crew 4x4 Silverado and went straight to my local Suby dealer! I was averaging 12.6 mpg in the Chevy. Its nice to go more miles per tank expecially when the tank is less than half the size!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I too have the 2.5i. I've gotten alot of help from everyone one on 3g so any questions, post up. I can't decide between the SPT or the cobb springs either. Oh well, either way, I'm anxious to spend money on parts hehe ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts