Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soi do not have it yet. But as of today i ordered my 2008 wrx. A little back story about me:

I have been around many forms of racing over the years, mainly drift and some rally. Owned everything from a talon tsi, to a Mitsubishi starion. My most recent car was a 04 WRB wrx that died last friday when i was in the middle of a turn lane and someone blew threw they're red light and hit me at 50MPH:

SO after discussing my options with the father in law (district service manager for SOA southeast region) He convinced Me the 08 was a good car. Test drive one and decided even though it wasnt perfect. it was a damn good platform to start off with. so here i am waiting for my dark grey metallic 5 door :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Welcome to the world of the 08s. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Seth

·
Registered
752 Posts
DGM 5 door FTW!!! ;D

Welcome to the forums. Once you start modding, you wont be disapointed.

What do you have planned?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DGM 5 door FTW!!! ;D

Welcome to the forums. Once you start modding, you wont be disapointed.

What do you have planned?
Suspension. I would like it to be a little tighter. my only gripe about the 08 is the suspension feels too "legacy" for my taste. im use to my 04 were if i run over penny i can tell if Lincoln has a cold. as for power mods? im listening :) I am near Hiram GA

·
Registered
752 Posts
Well, the stock BPV leaks. A nice recirculating BOV would be a decent place to start.
I would assume that you are familiar with what a Cobb AP is, since you aren't new to Subarus.
TBE + Stage 2 tune feels like a totally different car compared to stock.

check out my thread if you are looking for a few ideas...
http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=137.0

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
and yea for ideas check out OGB's car, i think he's got pretty much everything worthwhile that is out so for our cars haha

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Welcome,, glad youre ok after the accident

·
Registered
646 Posts
PENUT EYE DOWN!! man that sucks about the 04, i had an 05 before this one and i know what u mean, the older ones definetly gave alot more feedback in terms of suspension

·
Registered
243 Posts
i dont think you will be dissapointed there is already quite a few parts out now but tons more should be coming out pretty soon..... like i said i dont think you will regret it! ;D

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was just down in GA last weekend visiting my dad (Athens area). I'd've liked to have done some driving up around Helen, but had no time.

I can only imagine the wonderful noises the engine and turbo would be making climbing Hogpen Gap, and then Brasstown Bald.

Coming back down, well, keep it in second on Hogpen and 1st on Brasstown, and listen to that back-chattering sound as air bounces back and forth between throttle plate and compressor wheel. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts