Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's up Chris. I own a 2017 WRX. Unless you are a Subaru technician, I suggest you do not buy a used WRX. They are usually modified and abused by the previous owners. You will regret the out of pocket expenses if you buy one out of warranty. Heck, at this point I would recommend not buying a new one. Subaru quality has gone down mostly due to high demand on their vehicles. That sounds like a good thing until you are faced with the reality of taking your car in for service and you see WRXs all over the place in for service due to sub par parts. This is in addition to all the other models in for service as well. Subaru are selling so many vehicles that they don't have enough technicians to handle the load. Add to that the aforementioned sub par parts they are scrambling to get wherever they can to keep up with the demand and it's a recipe for a downfall of Subaru. If you are just looking for a weekend racer and are a mechanic, by all means, have at it. I hope you have a healthy bank account because its gonna cost you more than the price of admission.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info I have been looking and watching a lot of YouTube videos as to what to watch out for. I have seen one that was modded and looked at the car fax it had been wrecked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts