·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchase new bulb to upgrade my ride

Im planning to get HID so im not changing the low beam yet but i got myself:

a set of PIAA Intense white 9005 for the DRL/High beam
a set of Nokya Hyper Yellow 9006 for the fog light
a set of PIAA Super white wedge bulb LED for the licence plate light (lexus style)

Im also gonna buy what a put on my other car for the front turn signal, set of Silverstar 3457A, they appear to be bluyish purplish colors but when lighted they are legal amber colors

maybe also the same for the rear or the mirror one, they are all chrome but light amber so they will no longer be a orange glow throuht the clear lens

when i will get the HID (4300 or 5000k, not sure yet) it will be complete and sick :D

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
didnt have time to install all but i but one of the intense white PIAA 9005 in the high beam socket

here 2 pic, first one is the DRL with the new bulb on driver side

second shot is the same thing but with the high beam on
i try my best but my camera was at the lowest speed n it still quite glaring

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tomorow im gonna install 2500k fog light bulb n maybe the licence plate bulb, i will post some more picture later

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
driver side is brighter, passanger side was still stock on the pic

its harder to see on the picture, the glow is different and more powerfull in real

i just finished installing the superwhite LED for the licence plate n the yellow bulb for the fog light !! the yellow is SOOOO SWEET

i will post some picture tonight when it gonna be dark enough to see well

EDIT: driver side for canadian road :)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here the pic of my new Nokya Hyper Yellow bulb

and here the pic of the license plate LED

·
Registered
382 Posts
I like the new headlights, not a fan of the yellows. :)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The yellows give it just the rite touch! I just upgraded mine. Used Hella 9005 DRL, Hella H11 lows and the silverstars for signals. Couldn't find any "cool" bulbs for the rear signals. any ideas??

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The yellows give it just the rite touch! I just upgraded mine. Used Hella 9005 DRL, Hella H11 lows and the silverstars for signals. Couldn't find any "cool" bulbs for the rear signals. any ideas??
I also got the silverstar for the signal, already using it also on my svt

i want to get rid of the yellow/amber colors in the taillight, but so far im also looking with no success, the bulb number sound weird.

As for the licence plate LED they really worth it, give the car a Lexus feel :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
cobb did it to there 08 hatch i would get a hold of them and see how they did it.....there all red

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my LED bulb are all PIAA

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PIAA Super White LED Wedge Bulb 168

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 2008 manual says the front signals are 3457, but when I ordered a pair of 3457's, the base was flat and the socket in the car is round....?

Did I miss something? I've seen a few of you say that you have changed your front turns, so where did you find 3457's with round bases?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep there is a error in the car manual

i also ordered a set of silverstar 3557... still having it here but useless so i ordered a set of 1157A

You should have refer to my Bulb guide thread :)
http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=584.0

1 - 20 of 24 Posts