Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At work last nite and i came along this forum. I must say Im glad to find it. I was finding myself not very welcomed to the other forums. clubwrx and wrxtuners, it seems since our car is a new gen no one cares to help because its so new on the scene. i find a lot of my threads ignored which is fine but dissappointing. I know there are some helpful guys there which i appreciated but less then more. Im excited to find that there isnt tons of dislikes threads on our 3rd gen car. That gets older then dirt in a desert. Annoying to say the least. I always posted in those, well what i like about my car is that its "NEW" I didnt buy someone elses problems. They dont seem to understand that. Its a WRX and in all rights deserves the badge. The 08 has all the poentintial that previous WRX's had. I love the "08 dont deserve the WRX badge", im thinking does this individual even own a WRX? How old is this guy? Did mommy allow a few more minutes on the internet to post lame comments on forums?

With that said, I need to be coached along the way, I came from the Audi scene so im new on the Sube.

Just to tell you what i have for my base 08 WRX is: SPT cbe, K&N drop in(not over oiled) i been using them since my 1st car. I feel the need to say that from habbit from the other forums. They seem to say dont use it, you will jack your MAF sensor. I put the fogs lights in myself, 10k HID full conversion, Sport Grill, Cobb AP w/perrin stg1 map. My most recent add is Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2 in Anthracite 18x8's +45 offset and a 56.1 bore, the tires are Pirelli P- Zero nero M+S 225/40/18. The wheels are specific to Subaru. The paint to match Subaru mud-flaps installed.

Im in the market for suspension, I want to eliminate wheel gap without making it a washboard ride. Coilovers would be keen, but not trying to spend that much though. Im thinking a strut/spring combo. I dont know maybe just springs. I have a SPT turbo heatsheild orderd.

Cheers fellow 08-09 owners
Chris ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey welcome man!! Nice to have more 3G'ers on board. Your ride sounds good post some pics up.
As for help, this site is fantastic and I can say first hand that some dudes on here know there shit, which has gotten me out of trouble a couple of times!

Welcome again.
(yeah gett into it)

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
welcome! Aside from the hate, other forums have a lot of old school thinking. Not everything that applies to the GC and GD Impreza work on GR/GH. Some folks still dont realize that the intercooler is Legacy GT style, and still tell ppl to get a VF48/VF43 turbo for the 08. We're glad to have you, and enjoy your stay. There is a good amount of info to be had here specifically for your car. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome! I too wandered Nasioc, wrxtuners, and others until I found / remembered this board. I still check out the others daily, there is some good info to be had there too, but I do most of my posting here. Looks like you have a good start on your upgrades! Do you have an idea of where you're going with the mods?

Oh, and nice color :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,
Im now in the market for good suspension upgrades from A-->Z. Im weighing all my options in this area. From what i been finding out is that the Geometry the (AWD symetrical system to the Suspension) of our cars is a precise design. I dont want to foul it up, by putting stuff on it that doesent jive. I was in dismay just with the wheel options alone on this car. Too much offset ruins the bushings and wheel spacers are a big no-no in every aspect. The +45 offset is a happy place for my WRX.
So im big on calling companys to find out the word from the horses mouth for fitment and compatibility. I had no problem calling SOA about certain modding issues along with Perrin for specs. I called team dynamics about their wheels before i bought a set used on good ole craigslist. I dont know, I believe in ask for a staight answer you should get a straight answer.

P.S. Im always looking into agressive looks too. Hotness is a two part mix (fast+looks=hotness) <--very simple math

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts