Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this website but not to the Subaru world. I just bought a classic 08 WRX WRB hatchback in august. Before, I had a 04 WRX WRB sedan and I really enjoyed it. The 08 came out, my 04 odo was at 80k kilos, so I decided to exchange it to the dealer for an 08 before mechanics failures ... ;D. The dealer gave me a good price for the new car and the old car, so I couldn't refuse.

I'm already in a forum of Subaru owners in Montreal : MSC (Montreal Subaru club). It's a french forum.

So here is a littlebit about myself, my name is Jocelyn, I come from Montr?©al, I speak french and littlebit in english, it's my second Subaru WRX, I'm 21 and I'm studying in construction at university (?âTS).

Here is some photos of my car:

My previous 04 WRX and me:

My brand new 08 WRX:

Two months later with the grill and mags (Rota GroupA Gold 17"):

I didn't mention it, but my sister bought a 08 2.5i Sport package (with my 17" WRX mags ;)):

·
Registered
382 Posts
Welcome to the board.

Did you put the sport grill on yourself?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the board.

Thanks, and yes, I did put the grill on by myself. Not too complicated .... once you know how the bumper is assembled. Took me like 20-25 minutes but if I would have to do it again, it would take like 10 min.

·
Registered
752 Posts
welcome. nice rims. i don't think i have seen ever two 08s in the same picture before. lol

what are your plans?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
752 Posts
Now I'm confused : I want the sweet Subaru rumble but on the other side, I don't want to pay tickets ...
tickets? hmmm.

cut out the resonator and leave the stock muffler on?
that should bring out the rumble a little bit and also be very inexpensive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cut out the resonator and leave the stock muffler on?
that should bring out the rumble a little bit and also be very inexpensive.
Yeah, I heard about placing spacers just before the axle-back. I think I'll give a try to that before. BTW, I forgot to put the videos of Lachute's exhaust, take a look again ...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Bienvenue ! content que tu te joignes a nous ! la on est juste deux mais daute vont surement se joindre bientot !

Just to know, i thought the 2.5i sport pack. was having 16".... did you gave your sister your OEM rims or its 16" and im seeing 17"

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome to the board.

Thanks, and yes, I did put the grill on by myself. Not too complicated .... once you know how the bumper is assembled. Took me like 20-25 minutes but if I would have to do it again, it would take like 10 min.
and how much did it cost because i have a WRX thats missing the premium package and am going to be adding a few of these things

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I paid 220$US for my sport grille... dealer was asking 495$CAN

the same place i bought my grille also carry all the sport packages, all separate, they got the side skirt, front bumber, rear bumber with the diffuser ect...

hum.. but if you are canadian and dont have the premium that mean you bought your cheap cheap from the state... cause evey WRX in canada are premium, in fact there is no premium here, just the 2.5i base... 2.5i sport and the WRX

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Nice car. Do you feel that you upgraded when you changed to the 08? I used to have an 04 and I think that it is a big difference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, it's my 17" WRX wheels on my sister's car. I've put them on her car until the end of the summer. Now, I got them back on my car with my winter tires (Gislaved NordFrost5).

For the grill, I paid 350$ CAD taxes in at the dealer (Subaru De Laval). But because I'm a MSC member, and that dealer sponsor the club so I got 15% off. (The taxes here are 15% so it's like no tax)

About car feeling, I would say that I was more enjoying my 04 WRX stability. 08 suspension is softer a bit but acceptable. To compensate, I love the 2.5L torque. The boost is earlier and I have the impression that the car is more powerful than my previous.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I felt the same way. I think that car is a lot quieter inside when you drive, that was a complaint of mine on the 04. The road noise was rather annoying. It feels like the car has a lot more torque too. Haven't been able to fully go wild with it yet cause it is still in the breakin process, but I am almost there and then can make a much better determination of the car and how it stacks up against the 04.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts