Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site and a relatively new owner of a 2008 wrx 5 door. In the Subaru family, I have also had mildly modded 2003, 2005 WRX's and a 2005 LGT limited along with stock 192 SVX LS-L, 1996 Outback Sport and 2008 Outback sport. Located in Knoxville I work for a group of auto dealers (Subaru is one of them) and just happen to really enjoy the brand, the people I work for and work with and have a love to Subaru vehicles.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
which wheel are those

·
Registered
498 Posts
You will have to let us know how it works on The Dragon!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will have to let us know how it works on The Dragon!
I imagine it will do pretty well. My last WRX did better than the previous turbo subaru models down there, but it was modified a little more. When the weather is nice, I usually go to the dragon 2 or 3 times a month (I only live 45min or so away from it)

·
Registered
498 Posts
I hope to being a Dragon run in late April.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 17x8 wheels are probably the best for this model. If you are wanting to use an really wide tire - 235 +, then maybe a wider 18" wheel might be better. It just depend what you plan on doing with the car. remember, if you go to an 18, the sidewall of the tire will be smaller and probably create a harsher ride. I had this experience first hand on my 2005 wrx.

·
Registered
365 Posts
how did you get the subaru logo off the grille? Did you cut it and then re-mesh the grille?

·
Registered
239 Posts
how did you get the subaru logo off the grille? Did you cut it and then re-mesh the grille?
It's held on by two screws. Normally you have to take the front bumper off to get to them though. Have a look through some of the old threads for more info on this process.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The 17x8 wheels are probably the best for this model. If you are wanting to use an really wide tire - 235 +, then maybe a wider 18" wheel might be better. It just depend what you plan on doing with the car. remember, if you go to an 18, the sidewall of the tire will be smaller and probably create a harsher ride. I had this experience first hand on my 2005 wrx.
thanks for the heads up and the info on the wheels ;D the lamps look real good and original, do they sit well? and what kind did you use, any mods to make it work?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you dont have to take the whole bumper off. there are 4 plastic body trim piece that pop out of the top of the grill and 4 screws at the bottom of the inside of the grille. They are kinda hard to get to by reaching in from the top of the grille between the grille and the metal bar that the radiator attaches to, but it is possible. that is how i took mine out.
as mentioned, there are two screws in the back of the mesh that you can just unscrew the badge.

·
Registered
365 Posts
it looks like the logo goes "through" the grille. And I couldn't find any old threads on how to remove it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts