Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there 3GWRX! I stumbeled upon the forum while on Club WRX, and I'm looking forward to joining your ranks! I'm placing an order for a 2008 STi saturday, expecting an early february delivery. CAN'T WAIT! I'm upgrading from a 2006 Mini Cooper S, definitly want some more power and AWD! I live in Chicago!

Can't wait to make some friends!

Ryan

·
Registered
421 Posts
hey there! you're prob gonna be our first sti owner on 3gwrx! congrats to the great buy! lookin forward to the pics! haha

·
Registered
717 Posts
Nice! Welcome to the future (and so far only) 08 sti owner!

p.s the wait must SUCK lol

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Welcome!! I'm sur the STI will be worth the wait!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
welcome,
which colors are you planning to ? wheel package ?

·
Registered
273 Posts
welcome....my wife test drove the STi she said they're not as good as the WRX its self.....but thats what her and her dad...said and the people that work at the dealership that we got mine from said they like the WRX more then the STi

·
Registered
421 Posts
welcome....my wife test drove the STi she said they're not as good as the WRX its self.....but thats what her and her dad...said and the people that work at the dealership that we got mine from said they like the WRX more then the STi
Why is that? i'm surprised there's this kinda feedback.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Why is that? i'm surprised there's this kinda feedback.
Yah i am not sure but the dealer that we got our cars from goes and does the Subaru Sponsered events, so he is going to one on the STi, but they will let me know, but as he stated he likes the WRX hatch, and 4 drs better...IDK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welcome,
which colors are you planning to ? wheel package ?
I'm thinking WR Blue, with BBS Package, sports grille.

I don't plan on doing ANY mods to the car, except for some kind of double din aftermarket Nav, prolly an Eclipse AVN6610.

I'm waiting a week more before I order, because a local dealership is aboutt o recieve three, and I'm hoping one of them will be perfect!!!!!

I'll keep everyone posted!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The great thing about the STI is that it's already a pretty nice sports car package...I might only mod the taillights to be something other than chrome. Other than that, really nice car.

I agree! My buddy, Brian, who has an '06 WRX, which he has modded to around 320WHP, is already yelling at me about how much more gas efficient it will be if he lets his shop tune my ECU.

The car needs nothing!

Ryan

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Hahahahah... I don't think that I will be needing mine anymore, already have done too much to the car... At least I will have the electrical covered until 36k.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts