1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Gooday Mate, gosh ive wanted to say that for so long, i just read up on the law for driving down under, it like everywhere else except the usa where you cant give a kid a 500hp skyline he has to earn that right. kinda sucks but when you get driving experiance atleast you guys can own a skyline, are you from the right hand drive or left hand drive of the country

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice, welcome to 3gwrx! Which part of australia are you frm?
Thanks, your red WRX is nice :D
From Melbourne, How much does your WRX cost in singapore? its quite an expensive place to own a car. I am in singapore now for holiday and the road conditions are as crappy as those in Australia.

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks, nice car :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gooday Mate, gosh ive wanted to say that for so long, i just read up on the law for driving down under, it like everywhere else except the usa where you cant give a kid a 500hp skyline he has to earn that right. kinda sucks but when you get driving experiance atleast you guys can own a skyline, are you from the right hand drive or left hand drive of the country
YES... It sucks, well the old Howard Dog is gone now.. the new Rudd. We have yet to feel the changes but he will be better prime minister.

I am from a Right hand Drive country

Look at the g*y rules.. http://gls.arrivealive.vic.gov.au/u26/site/rules.html

Restrictions on driving high powered cars
If you are a probationary driver and obtained your licence after 1 July 2007, you can't drive a vehicle with:

* An engine of eight or more cylinders
* A turbocharged or supercharged engine
* Certain high performance six cylinder engines
* An engine that has been modified to increase the vehicle's performance.

http://www.driveandstayalive.com/articles and topics/driving standards/learner-regulations_australia.htm

I am in Victoria, the Speed Limit is the posted Speed limit on road. and i can swear i never saw a speed limit board that says more than 80km/h in normal suburb driving. This is one of the worse country i ever live in.

·
Registered
421 Posts
From Melbourne, How much does your WRX cost in singapore? its quite an expensive place to own a car. I am in singapore now for holiday and the road conditions are as crappy as those in Australia.
Good day! haha i lived in Perth for 1 year a few years back!

U mean melbourne's Singapore's traffic is as bad as melbourne! And yes my WRX cost me $89888. but of course, we can take 10 years to pay off our loans.

And you're in Singapore? How long are you gonna be here and you're staying in a hotel? Thats really interesting! haha i've got a few friends in Spore and they're aussie citizens

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good day! haha i lived in Perth for 1 year a few years back!

U mean melbourne's Singapore's traffic is as bad as melbourne! And yes my WRX cost me 888. but of course, we can take 10 years to pay off our loans.

And you're in Singapore? How long are you gonna be here and you're staying in a hotel? Thats really interesting! haha i've got a few friends in Spore and they're aussie citizens
I mean the traffic rules, thats what my cousin told me and WORSE too many traffic lights! thats crap... Living in his house now for a few more weeks going to set off for a malaysia tour soon. I heard from him in Malaysia the speed limit is "unlimited"
$89888 wow! why not wait a few more months for the STI which is $110,000 i saw it on www.subaru.com.sg
$20k more you get the Flagship..

·
Registered
421 Posts
I mean the traffic rules, thats what my cousin told me and WORSE too many traffic lights! thats crap... Living in his house now for a few more weeks going to set off for a malaysia tour soon. I heard from him in Malaysia the speed limit is "unlimited"
888 wow! why not wait a few more months for the STI which is 0,000 i saw it on www.subaru.com.sg
k more you get the Flagship..
I was impatient, and i can't afford $110,000 hahahahahah

anyway, its actually cheaper than i thought it would be.

Anyway, traffic rules i find are actually less strict than in Perth! There are more cameras in Perth (caught for speeding 10000 times in perth but never in Singapore, but maybe cause perth had speed limits of 50km/h for a 1hour drive route) and the speed limit allowance is 0km/h in perth but in singapore there's a larger allowance. Nobody knows the official figure though but its thought to be at +10km/h (but its set as that for potential instrument vs radar reading errors. So if you're living on the edge, you're taking a chance!)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love your mods on your WRX :D

I think i will be getting the radar/laser detector might save some money on the tickets

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Welcome. Are you going to then do any mods to your car? It looks like you might not be able to according the license thing.

·
Registered
273 Posts
welcome to the forums, in the states you can have it you just gotta pay outragous Insurance.....The rules there suck...from what i have read

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
welcome to the forums, in the states you can have it you just gotta pay outragous Insurance.....The rules there suck...from what i have read
Yes, it really suck. My Brother got fine $200+ for speeding by 7km/h the road was 60km/h limit.. its outrageous

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You are lucky to live in US cars are freaking cheap there, but you can't compare australia with US, in singapore like what pehon has the wrx is $89888(USD62000), the STI $110000

rate at approx 1.45

and you know what, pehon had took up a loan to get that price, the loan price and the cash upfront package is a different story. Cash upfront the price is higher and the dealer will not fit in any 'extra' acc for you. But of course in the long run cash upfront is still cheaper than the loan. But i find it quite not possible for avg citizens to pay close to $100000 cash for a rex..

At least i do find that i am still able to pay a rex cash upfront in oz its around AUD$42000 or USD$36000, which is like around SGD$52000. The car price in singapore is quite outrage but not as outrage hongkong.

·
Registered
421 Posts
You are lucky to live in US cars are freaking cheap there, but you can't compare australia with US, in singapore like what pehon has the wrx is 888(USD62000), the STI 0000

rate at approx 1.45

and you know what, pehon had took up a loan to get that price, the loan price and the cash upfront package is a different story. Cash upfront the price is higher and the dealer will not fit in any 'extra' acc for you. But of course in the long run cash upfront is still cheaper than the loan. But i find it quite not possible for avg citizens to pay close to 0000 cash for a rex..

At least i do find that i am still able to pay a rex cash upfront in oz its around AUD000 or USD000, which is like around SGD000. The car price in singapore is quite outrage but not as outrage hongkong.
haha my interest rate is acutally 1.98%! and thats the lowest in the market. you're looking at 2.5% as the norm.

Anyway, i still think no body can beat my 1st year insurance. 10% (NO CLAIM BONUS) and i'm paying $5200 for the first year.

To explain NO CLAIM BONUS, if you own a car for 1 year and you did not put a claim on your insurance, you'll gain an additional 10% discount for ur next insurance. So if your insurance is claim free for 4 years, you'll get a 40% discount for the next insurance! The max cap is 50%. And so if you have a claim when your 50% NCB, you lose everything for the next qoute.

·
Registered
273 Posts
5200 a yr good lord man mine if i can even do that will be just shy of 2000, i pay about 900 every six months

·
Registered
421 Posts
5200 a yr good lord man mine if i can even do that will be just shy of 2000, i pay about 900 every six months
haha nice... i did pay through my nose for my stupid 15 year old ford explorer when i was in canada. Insurance there is really costly at Saskatchewan

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I pay $720 every six months for insurance. I think that I have a pretty good rate, I always think that it can be better.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts