Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an Invidia 3" catless DP hooked up to an SPT catback. I'm a little bummed because the exhaust fumes are stanky as hell. I'm debating buying a 3" high flow cat and having it welded into a 3" midpipe with the correct flanges to mate up with my DP and axel back. After that I would be 3" all the way through with a single cat and all the right flanges. Anybody see a problem with this? How much do you think I should pay for the bending/welding on a job like this?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Just sell the catless and but a dp with a cat.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yeah or if you want the catless for track use, save it and get a catted DP.

Waaaaaaaaay back when I had my 93 Z28, I gutted the cat on it. HATED it. It stank, it got louder (and not in agood way). I promptly replaced it with a regular high-flow cat and swore to never again go catless.

Even when I built my '86 Corvette race car (SCCA Solo II BSP), I used cats when I had the custom dual exhaust made, even though I didn't have to (since it wasn't a street-driven car).

Rob

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think I wanna sell it. The catted DP's are a ripoff when they start at $600 for a $75 cat.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I don't think I wanna sell it. The catted DP's are a ripoff when they start at 0 for a cat.
I not sure if you can get a Steel cat for $75.00 buck but if you can it might be worth a try. But I still say get a catted downpipe.

Ceramic cat ......on the inside the actual catalyctic converter is made of ceramic material these suk ass as fuel and wear and tear can burn and melt these blocking and restricting your exhaust.

A metal cat ...insides are made of metal this is not damageable by unburnt fuel in the exhaust you will find most performance exhaust systems do not use ceramic cats .....

cramic cat= cramic insides
metal cat= metal design inside

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you are running a catless downpipe than your CEL light is probably on or soon will be, unless you are running access port or an 02 sim. I can understand deleting one cat since the 02 sensor is upstream of the 2nd cat. Running a cat in your mid pipe would get rid of some of the exhaust fumes, but other than that would be a pointless waste of money and time. Sell your catless downpipe to someone and get a cobb, avo, invidia, you choose catted down pipe. I personally would reccomend the AVO since it would work with their turbo upgrades.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Uhhhh I have an AP and my car runs great. Like I said my only beef is with the fumes soooooo yah.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts