Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well new model usually means new problems.
come on now we all know there are some, POST any you have notice. and any quick fix or better yet how to get rid of and make better.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine's a nitpick: the automatic climate control turns the inside of my car into a convection oven, even with the temp set at 65. I end up either turning the fan off or click it up one notch above "Auto" to get the right amount of heat.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine's a nitpick: the automatic climate control turns the inside of my car into a convection oven, even with the temp set at 65. I end up either turning the fan off or click it up one notch above "Auto" to get the right amount of heat.
Did you push the fan speed control button in for two seconds until the light flashes and also for two seconds on the temp button? I didn't know this was how you activate it until I started reading the owner's manual. I previously thought you just turn the knob to auto, but this does not complete the activation until the two buttons are pressed and held.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Mine have a HUGE problem of frost/misting in the inside of the window
every now and then and i take my car after a night on the cold there is a lots of ice on my windshield but on the inside, i cant use the washer to melt it like on its outside, its suck to have to wait longer to defrost it cause if i use the scrapper it does a mess around

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I notice the same problem for some reason the inside of my windshield is always foggy n misty. does anyone else car making a squeeking noise when they turn it on and it stay with it. like turn on ur car and get out and listen under-neath the car and tell me if u hear anything.... thanks guys

·
Registered
498 Posts
Nit pic things...Rear window gets extremely dirty, extremely fast unlike the old WRX wagons, and when I look out my side rearveiw mirrors, I have to look through the reflection from the side vent in the dash. Radio aux imput seem to low also.

·
Registered
44 Posts
tpms light on and off all the time, when it cold, hill holder, which she loves, abs light goes on and off when its cold, the only plus i see looks like a corolla, no one looks twice at it

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Might want to have those lights checked out. The only thing that I don't like is the click sound from the front brake calipers, it is normal, checked with two subie dealers and checked it out on the NASIOC forum. Not worried about it, but it is annoying... Oh, and hopefully they come out with a better cover in the hatch, cause the thing rattles way too much. Other then that I am peachy.

·
Registered
519 Posts
No faults yet, knock on wood! LOL I love this car. Had a 98 RS and loved it the WRX is a giant leap forward.

Seth

·
Registered
717 Posts
the noise which i assume are the calipers releasing when i pull out in the morning, and the rattle of the trunk cover thing when its not pulled out that drives me nuts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
dash clicks and creaks when it's really cold

but that's the contraction of the material due to it being freakin freezing in colorado, nothing more nothing less

doesn't do it when the temp is above freezing

·
Registered
359 Posts
the glovebox kinds weirds me out... I'm used to opening it and all my crap falling out. Other than that I think I'm good

·
Registered
183 Posts
RATTLE AND ANYTHING ABOVE 4000 RPM IN OR AROUND DASH. MY O2 SENSOR ALSO WENT OUT AFTER 3K I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MANY LIGHTS COME ON FOR A FREAKIN SENSOR

·
Registered
519 Posts
I saw this in someone else's post but I agree with the stereo only being 8 characters and not scrolling. It isn't a huge factor but one that pisses me off when I am riding in my gf car and hers scrolls along.

Seth

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
creeking sounds in the dash are usually the factory stereo. some felt tape fixes that. creeking sounds in the back are the cargo cover. again, felt tape fixes it.

Theirs a ticking noise when driving. coming from the engine. still cant find out wat it is.
are you running PREMIUM fuel? if you run anything below 91 octane, you'll probably get pre-detonation which would sound like TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK and will eventually screw up your engine.

I saw this in someone else's post but I agree with the stereo only being 8 characters and not scrolling. It isn't a huge factor but one that pisses me off when I am riding in my gf car and hers scrolls along.
hit the TEXT button -- there are two different TEXT modes for FM radio... one is short (8-16 characters) and one is something like 128 characters and scrolls.

guys, ALL OF THIS STUFF is in the owner's manual...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts