Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a long chat w/ Myles @ RCE today about springs for the 08/09's. RCE has in the works a performance spring that will be suitable for both the STi and WRX. These springs will be on the performance end of the scale and thus a proper damper will be needed. They will be suitable w/ STi struts and quite possibly the 09 WRX struts (will have to see how much of a re-valve they received). Will be suitable w/ the Koni's that are to be released relatively soon as well. Possibly Tokico and KYB will join as well w/ dampers being offered too????

The springs will have rates that are in the 300# range front, 280# rear- these aren't for grandma :) These rates are in line w/ their current "black" spring line. The geometry of the GH/GR looks like it will be even more sensitive to lowering than even the previous Imprezas, with that in mind lowering will be in the 10-15mm range.

Also in the works will be RCE camber plates, same beefy design as their previous gen ones, also like the previous gen will be available in both a lowering and non-lowering version

This bodes well for the 3gen guys :)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Its about time. These are the FFLs right? I dont want the ones that lower to the point of cutting the bumpstops. (I think tehy provided replacement ones though also)
I remember contacting them about this for months back regarding both the WRX and STi. Guess they have been busy.
But yeah they do great work.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FFL? they have "regular guy" black (less lowering) and yellow (lower more) for the previous gen- I think the yellows may have gotten new bump stops (I know they were provided w/ the STi Prodrive lowering springs)

they definitely do their homework and their customer service is very, very good- those guys field questions on their days off, helping w/ installs, setup questions, etc :)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Yeah tehy have yellow and black. But were also referred to as "fully functional" or "form and function" sets also
Go figure.
Anyways they have the preorder lists.

Contact Info:
Preorder list.
- drew
410-579-1501

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahhhhh- never heard those monikers before :)

I think the springs are a ways out yet (maybe not?), but pre-ordering would certainly insure a guy got a set the first go round :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
so they will have yellow and black for the 08/09 as well? or only black for now?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think only "black" for now. With the rear geometry changed- it looks like it is much more sensitive to ride height changes- so modest drops appear to be in order.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts