Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just bought a new 08 Impreza 5 door with the premium package. I just have to pick it up this saturday. I came across this site while trying to find some aftermarket parts. I would have gotten the wrx but it was out of my price range :-[ The car is awsome though. My plans right now are just to find a decent catless exhaust and short shifter. I want it to be a little bit louder. Has anyone else noticed the rpms dont seem to left off when shifting? I wonder if it is just mine or other people are noticing the same thing.

Picture isnt the best (I took it with my phone)
I'll try to get more up as soon as i can

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
don't know anything about the shifting issue. But, welcome glad to have you here. We have an NA tuning section, please check it out. Enjoy. Ask questions if you have any.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Welcome! Pray for snow and the VDC will guide u through!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Welcome. I almost bought an Outback Sport myself as you get 90% of the value of a WRX for 6k less, but at lass I crave a need for speed... Nothing wrong with the NA setups, still great cars.

Regarding the shifting issue, do you happen to have an automatic? If so, what you described is common in these cars with Autos. (As well as many others)
For a manual transmission, once you engage the clutch pedal, RPM's should drop... If not, see your deal immediately.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know what to do fore exhaust. Cant find anything out there. Its the five speed tho. The revs dont stay high when shifting, just go down slow and late.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
just be patient and wait until next summer, there will be way more part on the market... more choice and probably better price

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I think that you should be able to find parts before too long.... You might want to upgrade the suspension, that you don't have to wait for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts