Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I've been lurking for a few weeks since I bought my WRX. Looks like a great place to learn about the 08.
I live in Colorado and traded my 03 350z in for this car. I needed something more practical but still was fast. So far I am very happy with my WRX. Right before I joined I was reading the thread about the sti pink spring install and thought that was great since I just ordered the pink springs today. I also have an 08 nissan frontier which I really like as well.
Well anyways, hello to all!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome.
I put the pinks on as well, they made a small difference in firmness and drop the car a little. Add some endlink, sway bars, and try to replace as many of the stock bushings as you can. This will make a big differnce in your handling. Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking about sway bars but I havn't got that far yet. My 350z was a harsh ride and my wrx is too soft, so I would like to get some where between the two. Also I want it a little bit lower. I have the spt exhaust on order if it will ever get here. I think I'm in for a wait on the exhaust. Oh by the way my car is a sedan. Also thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome and do you miss your 350z? lol I was about to do the opposite because I've worked w/ nissan cars for a long time. The only subies I've ever worked on was my former 04 wrx stage II. Also for the first power mod please go the access port route unlike me lol

For nice power mods which costs less than 2 grand :'(
Get 1. AP $695 + shipping
2. down pipe $300? maybe more ?maybe less?
3. cat-back exhaust - $525 shipped from JSC speed. Thanks DfV2 (3GWrx member)

Don't know what wrx you, sedan or hatch?

Show Mods -
Like a lot of us - to get rid of chrome garnish for hatch - Pm me I'll help you out. As I have a hatch.
1. STi rear garnish can be had for $80 - $90 dollars. With paint should be around $180. But if I were you and do what I did and went to a reputable painter like Maaco, your garnish can be painted for $125 if your car is Satin white pearl ;)( because Sti's garnish only come painted aspen white from dealer) and less if your car is not.
2. Tail light tint vinyl can be bought from ebay for around $8.00+ shipping (cheap)and you can do it yourself because a noob like me did it lol.
3. If yours is not a premium,an SPT Front lip can be had for less than $300 at the dealer, don't know if they come painted though but that's the quote I got. and Premium Rear bumper can be had for $600 lol
4. STi spolier - $250 unpainted
5. Rally armor urethane mud flaps - $125 _ Rallyarmor.com has it all
6. Window tints can be had for cheap if you go to the right places lol not quoting any price since all are different, but mine was $325 for the windows except front of course.

That's all I can think of for now.

Boost gauge install ( Thanks to Clamsjager) - http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=1891.0

Springs install ( Thanks again to Clamsjager) - http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=2154.0

Agency Power Cold air intake Install ( Thanks again and again to Clamsjager) - http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=2428.0

and many other more install links - http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=2463.0 ( Thanks to Clamsjager ;) )

I'll leave the suspension part to the suspension experts. ;D ;) Enjoy your car 8)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was thinking about sway bars but I havn't got that far yet. My 350z was a harsh ride and my wrx is too soft, so I would like to get some where between the two. Also I want it a little bit lower. I have the spt exhaust on order if it will ever get here. I think I'm in for a wait on the exhaust. Oh by the way my car is a sedan. Also thanks for the welcome!
Oh sorry didn't read that you have a sedan lol DOH

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply Wing Zero. Good stuff there. I am already going to get the Cobb AP when I get a few more dollars. I had the money then something came up that I had to take care of first, so I will get it hopefully soon. Thanks for the good info!
To answer your question about missing my 350z, kind of. I really like the wrx and look forward to doing some mods to it. The Z was a fun car but I needed something more practical.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts