Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is a new video i just made few mins ago. I know it's windy, the sound quality isnt as good as i wish, but i will make few more soon. And YES you can hear my dog snifing sometimes :p

Feel free to comment :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
sounds pretty good. cant really tell much because of the quality :p. although there is a distinct lack of rumble, which is completely due to the headers not the cat-back.

if your interested, you should try to install borla UEL headers. call boxer4racing.com and ask them about it. theyre fairly cheap, like $340. not only will you probably get a slight boost in power (even though your switching from EL to UEL it still flows better than stock), but there will be much more rumble and the exhaust note should be a bit lower.

if you try this as i am planning too over the summer be sure to also get them wrapped via thermotec or something, and be sure to spray the wrap with that HT spray. It makes a big difference in terms of durability of the headers, exhaust flow (which you need with the really wide catback pipes), and can lessen underhood temperatures by like 100 degrees F.

I really wanna try this but i have to wait until the summer but id really like to see if it can be done (there MIGHT be oil filter/ catch can issues i have no idea).

EDIT: i think you need to get a HFC too to make it fit actually, which would also help your flow and give you a surprising hp gain, however its a little $$$ ($360), and also you need the O2 sensor extension and the O2 sensor spacer ( http://www.casperselectronics.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CEI&Category_Code=SUBU AND http://rallitek.com/rao2sesp.html )

i know this sounds like a lot but it will make a huge difference to your exhaust... in total it should run you about $750 plus installation. If you look clips up on youtube youll see the difference it makes.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Not too bad at all. I was wondering what the Borla sounds like. It is kinda hard to tell, but does it just sound a little ricey in the video or is that how it sounds in person too?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not too bad at all. I was wondering what the Borla sounds like. It is kinda hard to tell, but does it just sound a little ricey in the video or is that how it sounds in person too?
Well like i said, the quality is poor, so you cant just reli to that video. I will try to get a new video soon, but i'm kinda busy for a few days

1 - 7 of 7 Posts