Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided to get some new wheels and tires for autox. they're kosei k1-ts 17x7 (~14 lbs) with dunlop direzza z1 star specs 225/45/17
;D

·
Registered
339 Posts
That package gives you the grille, the exhaust, and the stickers, for $499 MSRP (not bad at all).

Where'd you get the wheels and how much were they? I love the low weight.

Rob

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That package gives you the grille, the exhaust, and the stickers, for 9 MSRP (not bad at all).

Where'd you get the wheels and how much were they? I love the low weight.

Rob
got them from tirerack. they're only like $190 a piece and are good quality. they've been on backorder for a while but they just got some in about a week ago.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Have you found or felt any difference in the behavior of your car? Is it faster to accelerate? Do you feel more vibration? Does the car feels nimble? Is your fuel economy better? A bit better? I've been looking at these wheels for the longest time, and I really want to know if you can actually feel a difference since these wheels weight 14.6 lb

I know you bought these for auto-X, but I'm still very curious.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
9 is not too bad at all. too bad they never had that available when i bought my car :'(

what rubber are you running?
dunlop direzza z1 star spec in 225/45/17

Have you found or felt any difference in the behavior of your car? Is it faster to accelerate? Do you feel more vibration? Does the car feels nimble? Is your fuel economy better? A bit better? I've been looking at these wheels for the longest time, and I really want to know if you can actually feel a difference since these wheels weight 14.6 lb

I know you bought these for auto-X, but I'm still very curious.
the tires are the biggest difference as they're much more responsive and grippy. i haven't really noticed a difference in performance due to the lightweight wheels, but that's not to say there isn't a difference. i'm actually planning on doing some comparisons using my g-tech to see what kind of measurable difference they make. gas mileage has gotten worse because i've been driving it a bit harder since getting them ;) i'll get some highway miles in soon and let you know if there's any real difference. also, the new tires are significantly heavier so it kind of downplays the lightweight wheels. they're 26 lbs as opposed to the 23 lb oem tires. i had considered lighter tires, but the performance to price of these was unbeatable

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Wow I've been wondering how those would look on my car and it's pretty sweet. Grats on your new wheels man.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
action shot ;)

the new tires are pretty nice and pretty sticky, but the fronts just got eaten up, rears look fine. had to run the rears much lower than before too (around 35 psi instead of 40 psi). i won my class and had i not hit one cone on my fastest run , i would have had the second fastest stock class time of the day (0.005 seconds behind an evo). :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks great, had those same tires on my turbo del sol (in 15's)
god, the wrx screams 18" wheels, I'm looking at 18" prodrive (gold) for my black sedan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts