Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my first WRX three weeks ago after my old Prelude (89) pissed me off for the last time. ;)

I LOVE this car! I haven't had this much fun in years. I used to have a '98 Z28 with a 9 psi Vortech and a bunch of suspension mods (did all the work myself). Even though it made FAR more power (550), the WRX is actually more fun!

Anyway, I'm working down here in San Jose (Kalifornia) but I live in Reno. One of the reasons I got the car was to have something cheaper to drive back and forth (every few weekends) than my Dodge dually. I live in an RV down here.

So far my only mods are window tint and a Cobb front swaybar. I've autocrossed it once already (I used to run a BSP Corvette from 1997-2001), so it's taking time to get used to a totally different car.

Once I figure out my budget, I want to get a turbo-back exhaust (probably Perrin) and an AccessPort with the Perrin tuning.

Consider me a NASIOC refugee. The "powers that be" over there are idiots. I made a post about rear bumper removal (specifically pointing out that I had an 08), and they promptly closed it and pointed at "a dozen similar topics" but they were all for the older car. I will probably never go over there again.

Rob

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Welcome to the 3G fam. Rob!!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Whoa! What part part of san jose? Im in san jose too, ive been waiting to see more bay area guys come to this place.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm near where 880 and 101 meet... I work over next to the airport off of 1st St.

Rob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyway, I'm working down here in San Jose (Kalifornia) but I live in Reno.
Wow, that's quite a commute! Anyways, I moved down to SJ for grad school last summer so maybe I'll see you south bay guys on the road (or more likely, stuck in traffic)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Wow, that's quite a commute! Anyways, I moved down to SJ for grad school last summer so maybe I'll see you south bay guys on the road (or more likely, stuck in traffic)
what area do you mostly drive/ sit in traffic around?

·
Registered
23 Posts
what area do you mostly drive/ sit in traffic around?
I work from home (not too far from downtown) and in the winter school is only a few miles away, so not a lot of traffic during my daily routine thankfully. Now that I have a more capable car, I think you'll be able to find me anywhere there are hills and twisties :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts