Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am getting an 08 4 door WRX in a couple of days. I will post pictures asap. I had a couple of questions, what is the Navigation by pass, what is the best bulbs to make the factory hids look blue, and is it possible to get the bluetooth to work on the WRX w/nav? I saw that the STI w/nav is the only one with the bluetooth capability and I was thinking the the two nav systems couldn't be too different, so I was just wondering if there is anything I can buy to make it work? Thanks for all your help in advance.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Welcome
WRX dont have HID by the way by there is halogen bulb that can look nicer than factory
on a side note if you bypass your DVD player you might not be covered anymore in case of accident cause the compagny can claim that you modified a safety features on your car... since i dont have NAV in my wrx i dont know how the systems work yet but ive heard there is a way to achieved it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for all your help. So all the by pass does is allow you to watch dvds while driving? Do you know where I can get the bulb you are talking about? I hope someone can help me with the bluetooth part.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
For the bulb you need a H11 Hallogen, there is a lots on the market, im quite sold to PIAA when it come to lighting, they are pricier but they worth it... if you want a good product that come in a variety of colors degree check out for Nokya bulb, i got them for my fog and im really satisfied with the color

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey welcome to our community! Sorry, i'm of no help to ice/electronics questions.
I'm sure you will be fine man, thanks for the welcome.

For the bulb you need a H11 Hallogen, there is a lots on the market, im quite sold to PIAA when it come to lighting, they are pricier but they worth it... if you want a good product that come in a variety of colors degree check out for Nokya bulb, i got them for my fog and im really satisfied with the color
Thanks alright man yeah PIAA would be nice I appreciate the help

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm the last person that can help you with your questions but I do have a question for you: what part of VA you in? I might be moving to the quantico area soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Southwest, I'm pretty much on the West Virginia and Tennessee border. About an hour and a half away from Virginia Tech.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't quote me on this, but I think that SOA may sell an add on to allow the bluetooth capability. Check the accessories guide on their website.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts