Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey - just bought 21 WRX and don’t want to add a full exhaust. Would like, however, a better sound. Not kid-racerish but more growl.

muffler delete? Suggestions ?

thanks !

Jake

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try Cobb tuning. Then after that, you will want to start looking into other avenues of aftermarket tuning that is out there for the WRX chassis.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Magnaflow axle back. It’s essentially a muffler delete. Looks and sounds great. Bolts on using OEM hangers in about 30 minutes. Your ‘21 probably won’t be listed as an application on their website but it fit my ‘20 perfectly. Search for ‘18. IIRC, I got mine from fastwrx.com for about $500. Lots of other cool stuff there too. I’ve bought lots of go fast from them for two different WRXs, only ever had one problem which they fixed immediately.

Also check out rallysportdirect.com, they sell about 20 different bolt on axle backs.

Cobb stuff is top quality but high dollar. If you really want to wake your car up invest in a Cobb AP. Be warned that making ECU changes may complicate warranty claims on the drivetrain.

Other unsolicited remarks:
Sound system sucks, Kicker upgrade is worth the money, but the subwoofer is NOT compatible w/ ‘18 and up models.
DRL delete is easy, just find the connector in passenger side fender well and unplug it. You’ll want to tape up/tie off the loose connectors.
LED lighting is cheap now. I replaced EVERY bulb, including headlights & dogs for about $400. Huge difference in appearance. I like Alla brand, but there’s plenty of others. Blinker module is easily swapped out to stop the hyperflash...they’re only about $10 on amazon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts