Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am a newbie to the site, and joined as i am to purchase an 09 WRX or STi

what i was wondering is if there is another country ( I live in mexico) were the WRX SE is offered since were getting two versions the GT (225 hp) and the SE (263 hp), and i wanted to see if some other country or anyone else knew something or differences about this model....

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Bienvenido Guey! What part of Mexico?

I was in DF this summer, and didn't see one Subaru...I was looking, too!

The GT if available with a manual (maybe in Mexico...) is the same as the 2008. The WRX SE or whatever sounds like the 2009 USDM WRX.

joneSi

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
/off topic

I don't know how some of you guys can bag on the 08, even though you have one...I know you aren't being harsh about it, but if the 'normal' wrx in mexico is cheaper (and available with a manual in Mex.) then it might be worth it. In Mexico cars a quite expensive, more so than in the states. So it MIGHT be 2-3k cheaper for the 224hp wrx, and therefore worth it. BTW, I'm saying this as a guy who will be buying an 09...I have driven the 08, and IMO it is IMPRESSIVE.

Sorry, had to say that...
/off topic

sjoneSi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya the "Regular" Gt is 29,900 USD
The SE is 33,000 USD granted they both have almost all the options available of those in the US

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what i would like to know is if the difference in power comes from a diffrente turbo, or parts (cams, exhaust, etc) or just a remaped ECU

Ohh and for the jonesi i Live in Guadalajara

1 - 8 of 8 Posts